When to switch jobs/companies?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having the same feelings wondering if the grass is really greener.
Good luck to you in deciding.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Thoughts of the grass is always greener on the other side and last man in, first man out if work slows run through my head, but we all have to make these decisions and whether we choose correctly or not things will work out in the wash.

Had that happen to me when I left my 1st dealership. Economy tanked and they all but eliminated the light equipment repair shop. It was rough for a couple months but I survived it and found my current position.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
50% higher pay!!!!!

These days, especially for us 30 something aged people, 5 years is a pretty decent stretch at any one place. I dislike this fact but it is true. Like many, I am also at the dead end after 10 years and everything is really fine here.

What keeps me from moving on is the job security and stability aspect given the uncertain ecomnomy. I would rather be bored and stable than take risk at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.