When was the Harman P-43 introduced? (Birthday?)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DexterDay

For the true Harman Gurus (or the dealers that know every single part # for the entire Harman line-up!) I was wondering when the P-43 was introduced? When was it born? What is its B-Day?? ;)

And has the been any significant changes? From the 1st model year, to the current stoves made by HHT?

Thanks in advance.

I am curious, why would you like to know? Random trivia or do you have a line on a sweet Harmon deal?

You are defiantly hardcore either way..

I am curious, why would you like to know? Random trivia or do you have a line on a sweet Harmon deal?

You are defiantly hardcore either way..

Would I like to know? Yes....

May I have a sweet deal?..... ;) maybe

Whatever I get, will replace the Quad. I am not adding a stove. Just replacing/upgrading.

I have sold a stove (Gasp!!!) already and have another for sale now. Once I find a good replacement for the Quad, it will be gone also. Time to start consolidating.

Fahrenheit for cold weather (30* and below)
Upstairs freestanding for mild weather (30* and above) Harman or the likes
30-NC wood burner for the entire season (if its cold enough for a fire, then it's burnin)

That's it.. 2 stoves burn at any given time. One pellet and the wood eater. Just looking to upgrade the Quad (again :( last yr I tried)

Haha. I knew this was the case immediately. Sorry i can't help you on this one. Good luck.

Heres the deal. The "Test Date" on the back tag, says 1997? But I know when HHT took over, they started using "Build Dates" on the back.

Just wondering if the "Test date" was the original testing done by the lab (WH) and all stoves up till 08 have that date? Or is the test date indicative of the actual build date??

holy chit thats kinda old. whats it look like? well kept? beat him up on the price some more. no?

I thought he was off the deep end and having parties for his stoves and their "friends."

I love the simple blast furnace quad, why are you looking Harmon? I do enemy their control portions.

The control of a Harman is 10x that of a Quad. Quads are a quality stove. They are just to simple. On/Off only. That's the Only reason I am getting rid of it. I want more options.

Here are some pics. Hoping to get more via email.

Calling Lousyweather, Delta-T, Eric from Kinsman..... Help... Please.

3G93K93M95F85Mb5J8d2deeb501d98b7911e8.jpg 3E53G13Ff5I65Ge5Fcd2df13df6b2be3e1c9b-1.jpg 3K73N43o25N75Gd5J4d2dfebda9f16cbb1767.jpg

Well, it seems as if it was Built Oct 2009? So.. For $1,200? Good deal?

I have the Serial # but dont have it on me now. I will post it later.

Unfortunately I may have found a better deal though? ;em (pass on the Harman and see if the other stove pans out? Or go with the Harman and be content?)

From what I know about Harman, which admittedly isn't much, it sounds like a good deal. I see the P series stoves show up on CL around here from time to time but haven't seen one for less than $1500.

My Advance has a '99 test date and the dealer has records that he sold in "99. As far as I know test & build date are the same, at least on the older units.

Can't go wrong with a Harman, go for it. Take cash with you and start at $800 see if he bites, it's easier to go up in price than down when you are buying.

Go with the Harman they are more simple than a Quad, no off and on just turn it on and keep it full of pellets.

All I know is I love my P-43. Good Luck whichever way you go!

Go with the Harman they are more simple than a Quad, no off and on just turn it on and keep it full of pellets.

I have had the Quad for 5 yrs now. The problem I am faced with, is I have found another good deal? (Possibly better)

My Quad has been a great unit and very trustworthy. Only 3 misfires 2 yrs ago and I replaced the ignitor. New ignitor and it misfired :( I had the damn gate to low :( Opened gate 100% and never had a misfire since and the last 2 yrs, I have ran On/Off exclusively. The 1st 3 yrs I had it, I did a LOT of 24/7 Low/Slow burning.

The Harman is an Undeniable unit. Great looks, Great options, Great heat, Great burn..... Hard pressed to find a better unit. But I think, I think, I have found one ;)

It may be a better deal, but is it a better stove? They don't get much better than a Harman.

Reactions: Northwoodneil
I'm sworn to secrecy (at least to myself) because it is such a good deal. Can't let this one get away and let the cat out of the bag, for others to know. Sorry. :(

When it happens, it will be breaking news here on Hearth!! You will be the 1st to know!

I promise ;)

Get 'em both. Four corners in a room, four stoves. No problem. :)

Reactions: DexterDay
Status
Not open for further replies.