When was the last time you saw an 090 wearing a 20" bar?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes! Kinda like a 6' eagle with a 6" wingspan!! Thats a TAD salty for a non-AV 090.....even with the 40" bar that comes with it!

That would be a plunge feller LEE Style.......Look at stihl recommend bar length for an 880. Its a 21'incher!

Kinda like...

Attachments

• mower.jpg
    mower.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 245
Reactions: Lewiston and ScotO
Hey, at least he's running full comp chain on it :p

Hey, at least he's running full comp chain on it :p

Maybe west coast style it up a bit and roll with the skipper! ;)

Like using a 20lb sledge to swat a mosquito ;lol

Reactions: ScotO
That looks stooopid. I'll bet she's a tad bit tail heavy too. I'd give him $ 700.00 or $ 800.00 for the thing though. A C

Reactions: Thistle and ScotO
The guy's ad states that he is beginning to cut down on the amount and weight of the saws he uses. No kidding. Give that guy a new MS260 in trade.

1200$ is ridiculous.

The guy's ad states that he is beginning to cut down on the amount and weight of the saws he uses. No kidding. Give that guy a new MS260 in trade.

1200$ is ridiculous.

Thats an aveerage price for one. If it says av on it a little more.

Reactions: Thistle
Thats an aveerage price for one. If it says av on it a little more.

Wow, for a super old saw like that? It looks to be decades old. If the market supports that price then that's not so silly.

Wow, for a super old saw like that? It looks to be decades old. If the market supports that price then that's not so silly.

The milling crowd loves these things. Mega CC's and torque keep them highly sought after.

137cc/8.36 cubic inch/13(!) HP & around 30 lbs powerhead weight.

Stihl's most powerful 'modern' saw (1968ish-84) and the most powerful 1 man saw ever made.
For comparison the legendary Disston DA -211 from the early 50's was a twin cylinder 2 man saw with 180cc/10.99 cubic inch engine,only 9HP & it weighed 55 lbs.

Reactions: smokinj and ScotO

Still can't buy a bigger or more powerful one. 090 is a bigger engine than an MS880.

137 cc!!! Very impressive. This coming from a guy that has been pitched from a 125cc motorcycle.

Juat search ebay for stihl chainsaw and sort by highest price first - all the 090's will be on the first page. The occasional 880hot saw or 660 racer will be up there as well.
I could've sworn I read somewhere they still make it but hasn't been imported to the US for sometime.

I was window shopping the other day and came across an MS200T for $1200!!!! when the newer version 201T is ~600 brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.