Where are HS Tarm Solo Innovas (and other Scandtec boilers) manufactured now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwood

Minister of Fire
Mar 22, 2009
Western VA
A while back HS Tarm was bought up by Baxi A/S. I understood that their manufacturing was then shifted from Denmark to Turkey, https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/52308/P15/#582373, and read somewhere there had been a diminishing of product quality. I read today, http://eshop.fbcstore.co.uk/epages/BT4148.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4148/Categories/AboutUs that in 2010 Scandtec bought up Baxi and relabeled their products as HS Tarm again. Does anyone know if the Solo Innovas or other boilers are still manufactured in Turkey or has the manufacturing returned to Denmark or elsewhere. This might be old news but I hadn't heard it before. http://eshop.fbcstore.co.uk/Latest-information

I read on the same site, that the manufacturer of Termovar was bought up by another company too, LK Armatur, from LK Akaso. Maybe this new company will answer an email. I never could get LK Akaso to answer one when I was trying to purchase the insulation cover for their Termovar Loading unit a while back. I'll have to give it another shot. Didn't get a response from BioHeat USA on the same matter at the time either. Maybe now that they're renamed as Tarm Biomass maybe I should give them another try too. You never know.

Mike

From what I understand Scandtec and Baxi are two different companies, Scandtec being the one that's owned by the son of the founder of HS Tarm.

I don't know anything of the other stuff speak of. My Solo Innova is a Baxi product and from the look of their web site they're not owned by anyone. In fact they don't even mention HS Tarm, it's branded as a Baxi Solo Innova.

I was under the impression that my unit was built in Denmark, some of the instructions sheets that came with the unit look to be Danish.

K

Kopek, my two year old Solo Innova is labelled Baxi too. I just looked on the Tarm Biomass (formerly Bioheat USA) site and saw the new ones offered as HS Tarm Solo Innovas. Maybe Chris from Tarm Biomass could shed some light on this. I'd be curious to know where the Innovas are manufactured nowadays. If I remember right Scandtec had continued to manufacture the Solo Plus models after Baxi had bought them up a while back.

I didn't come across a Scandtec site on-line. I'll look again. They might be a part of Baxi too. It s is confusing. Maybe theyare just switching names around for the sake of brand recognition. I read somwhere HS Tarm's grandson was some sort of Baxi company executive.

Mike

HS Tarm is owned by Baxi, they are one and the same.

That's where some of your confusion might be, and yes Sandtec does make the older Solo design.

K

What's confusing me is this statement from the third link above:

"Scandtec have taken over the assets of Baxi A/S and renamed the company HS Tarm. This means that we are able to sell the Baxi Solo Innova range in the UK and Ireland re-branded as HS Tarm.

The HS Tarm group comprises of HS Tarm A/S, The development company Scandtec ApS, HS Periferal AB in Sweden, and HS France SAS in France."

My Tarm Solo Plus MkII was built in May, 2008 and has a large label saying "MADE IN DENMARK".

I think that was just before the Baxi purchase. Chris (at Tarm) is probably going to be the last word on this question if he wants to wade into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.