Where are Osburn 2400 air inlet locations??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sledhead00

Oct 28, 2012
WNY
I thought my recent heat output issues with my insert was do to questionable wood, but now tonight after loading it up with 7 pieces of my remaining limited 3+ yr oak /cherry that I was burning last yr which would burn like crazy with all kinds of heat Im not sure again..
It started out great tonight had the stove up to about 650 with the air shut down in 4 steps in about 30-35 mins... Good secondary's and all at first but slowy and surely over the course of the next hr or so the temp drop to under 400 and secondary's and all flame died out... I know this isn't right...
About the only last thing I can come up with is maybe something is plugged or partially blocking air in some where...Manual doesn't really give any hints on where to start looking
Draft has never been an issue if anything I've needed to be careful to not overdraft at 25', 5-6'above roof line..
Was on roof this afternoon for something else and cap looked fine. Liner was cleaned in early Nov but thinking im going to be doing it this weekend to eliminate any possibility unless it's resolved before then..
14-16hr work days and this issue is leaving me with very little patience..

As I read over the manual for the 3rd time now this morning, I guess I missed where It mentions there are is an air inlet in each of top back corners...Are these accessible in any other way other than removing the baffle and burn tubes? Am I right in guessing that these inlets are where the secondary air is coming in from then..
This has got to be the issue as I have no troubles upon reload when it's full air just once it's closing down.... Argh this is aggravating..

Status
Not open for further replies.