Where can I buy long arm hearth gloves that are made in the USA?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcolgan

Aug 1, 2009
North Eastern PA
I try to buy products made in the USA when possible, but I cannot seem to find any hearth gloves made in the usa. Does anyone know of any companies who make hearth accessories in the USA or companies who carry USA made supplies?

Thanks!

You might give Woodstock a call as they sell a nice pair. It does not tell on the web site where they are made.

We do use just a cheap pair of welder's gloves but do use them every time we fill the stove. We have found that the ones sold at Home Depot fit my wife's small hands really well, so we now own two different sizes.

Not sure where these were made (http://www.northlineexpress.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=5MM-A-13B) , but I would give them a 3 out 5 star rating. Would probably buy them again if needed. They are long, and do protect well, but the leather in finger tips have gotten a little stiff from the heat, not that you need that much dexterity for the job.

I also have a pair of higher end welders gloves which I really like, but the sewn seams at the fingertip have ignited a couple times and have started to separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.