Where can I find a Jotul c450 or 550?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nate0918

Sep 24, 2021
Keizer, Oregon
Yes, I know they have been discontinued. I have been looking around and really can't find anything that compares to the style. I would be happy to walk down a dark alley and have a guy with a c450 in his trench coat. I'm new to the scene of wood stoves and inserts so I don't know how the market goes. Can I expect to see new wood inserts from Jotul with similar styling? Is Jotul out of the wood insert market forever? Are there places that sell overstock or discontinued models, individuals(non-dealers) that people can go to for this? Just looking for some practical advice if there is any realistic avenue to get one of these.

Only used now. We also lost the Enviro Boston insert which was a beauty. The closest would be the Hampton Hi500 insert or the PE T5 Alderlea insert. They are not gothic design, but both have good-looking, castiron surrounds.

Thanks begreen, I did see the Hi500 and got a quote yesterday from a local dealer, $4100. Install was another $1100 not including the liner or other materials. Believe it or not, I actually found the trench coat guy in a dark alley. I got a call last night and I now have a brand new Jotul c450 Kennebec with the blue-black enamel, still in the crate, sitting in my garage right now! It's an older model with the double doors but no complaints here, I love the design and the quality seems great.

20211218_150334.jpg

well that was a good score, how did that work? did you run an add?

I responded to a Craigslist ad. I was surprised at such a coincidence. I drove out to BFE, down a dead end gravel road, and to a shut gate. The guy let's me in then opens his garage door and there it was, pushed up against a wall with a ton of other stuff. Everything looked like it had been sitting for a long time. I am very grateful and planning the install now.

Congratulations. Looks like Santa arrived early.

Thanks begreen, I'm ecstatic about this insert. I hope Jotul will bring back their wood inserts that can meet the new regs. I will be posting a few questions on the install.

What? Nice!