1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Where can I find a manual for a Citation fireplace?

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by Bobert58, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Bobert58

Bobert58 Member

Loc:
    PA
    Hello Hearth.com members,

Recently acquired a fireplace insert manufactured by Salvo Machinery Inc., Model name " CITATION II - CI".

Am trying to locate a manual for it.

Have done numerous web searches but to no avail and lots of time. (Perhaps I'm not using the "magic" search terms.)

Any idea where I might be able to find it?

Thank you.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. CarbonNeutral

CarbonNeutral Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nashoba Valley(ish), MA
    I used the magic terms. Doesn't exist on the interwebs as far I can tell.

(filetype:pdf citation fireplace)
  3. Fsappo

Fsappo New Member

Loc:
    Central NY
    I found a catalytic combuster for one. You may be able to try calling Stove Parts Plus or Woodsmans
  4. Hogwildz

Hogwildz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Next to nuke plant Berwick, PA.
    Salvo Machinery, Inc. Model Citation 2.4 72 01-Aug-89 01-Aug-94
    This is all I found so far, looks like model, avg gph, efficiency rating & dates built.

Here is the company's address & phone number, not sure its still there though.
    Salvo Machinery, Inc. 220 Shove Street PO Box 6145. Fall River, MA 02724 508-678-7507
  5. edthedawg

edthedawg Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeast, CT
  6. Tyler Martin

Tyler Martin New Member

Hello, I'm also trying to track down the manual for a fire place insert circa 1982 manufactured by Salvo Machinery Inc. Citation II-CI. Just seeing if anyone has ever been able to track one down since these posts. Any help would be great, thanks.
  7. kent dungfelder

kent dungfelder New Member

Loc:
    manchester,ct
    I'm looking for a manual too. I need it in order to have it inspected. Also looking for the specs to figure out what pipe size i can install. Any info would be great.
  8. Bobert58

Bobert58 Member

Loc:
    PA
    A few years ago someone (can't remember if he was a member of this forum) was nice enough to message me stating he has a manual for Salvo Citation II in pdf format. He then requested my email so that he could send the file location so that I would be able to download the large file.

So I'm "paying it forward". If you still need the manual, send me a private message on this forum stating your email. HTH
  9. Bobert58

Bobert58 Member

Loc:
    PA
    See previous post.
  10. druson

druson New Member

Loc:
    maine
    Hi Bobert, I need to replace the gasket on my salvo citation and can't seem to find any manuals for it. I measured the gasket but nobody seems to know the exact size and wanted me to try to find a manual so I can get the correct size. Any help would be greatly appreciated... andy@kornerstoreanddeli.com