Where can I find installation instructions for a Defiance Company Volcano III wood boiler?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith in NH

Feb 5, 2009
Southern NH
Can anybody tell me where I can find installation instructions for a Defiance Company Volcano III wood boiler?
I called the number on the stamped plate on the boiler and it says it is no longer in service.
I have searched the internet for the company only to learn they went out of business some time in the late 1980's.
I would imagine there are instructions kicking around somewhere.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

Hey Keith,

I too have been interesting in a Volcano III. I have one that is available to me for free but I am not sure how to hook it up to a PEX in-slab radiant system. I think it should heat it pretty easy but I was just concerned with it being what seems to be a pressurized stove. I thought about adding storage that would be an open system to get rid of this problem. If you find any information please PM me. The way that I understand they work is that you hook up the copper heat exchanger that is in the top of the stove to your current oil/propane/nat. gas boiler and then it uses a strap on aquastat which you attach to a copper pipe. The aquastat will then open the damper or close the damper in the rear of the stove when the system calls for heat or the draw has been sufficiently provided. I don't know much other then that. I found one in the local area that is still up and running but I have been unable to see it in action so far.

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.