Where can I get dry cherry pits?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
Would like to try some, anybody know if they are available in midcoast Maine area?

Tractor Supply near me had some, $250.00 a ton. Looked intriguing but I took a pass.

What would they do to the auger? if a pellet jams the auger it is strong enough to crush the pellet I doubt it could do that to a cherry pit. Sounds like a problem waiting to happen.

Drivr said:
What would they do to the auger? if a pellet jams the auger it is strong enough to crush the pellet I doubt it could do that to a cherry pit. Sounds like a problem waiting to happen.

Book sez it's made to burn 'em, I'd try 'em if I could get 'em cheaper than pellets.

I bet Cherry pits put out some serious BTU's if I could find them and burn em I would.

This sounds like the Turkey in the pellet stove for thanksgiving thread starting up here!

Make sure to use Peanut oil for best results, and make sure the turkey is COMPLETELY DEFROSTED AND DRY! Those commercials on TV with the exploding turkey in the deep fryer aren't too far from reality....scary. :gulp:

Status
Not open for further replies.