Where can one order 1/8" gasket?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

homebrewz

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
East Central, NY
I can't find 1/8" round gasket anywhere. I'm re-gasketing the windows on a VC Defiant Encore,
and it calls for 1/8" round. The smallest I've found is 1/4", including discount stove.

You should be able to get the gasket from a VC dealer, no? Are you just looking for it on the net?

Discount stove has VC replacement parts, but they didn't have 1/8" gasket.
I would really just like to order some from someplace, and forget about it.

Gotcha - I am the opposite. I like finding a few minutes to get to my local dealer and chat for a bit, grab some gasket and see what is up, even if it is way out of my way.

There is one stove shop near here, and several hardware stores.. 1/4" is the smallest anyone carries.
I always try to buy local, then I turn to the net.

I'm thinking about buying some 1/4" and trying to splice it somehow, but I don't think the weave will
hold together.

1/8" gasket... anyone.. anyone???

Tom the chimney sweep,

Thanks very much for the response, but I'm going to try the link pecor suggested first, since its only one
state away. I'll PM you if there is a problem and I can't get it through them.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.