Where did that airplane go?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
electrical fire, plenty of time for a mayday signal. there are protocols that are followed, none were, almost the exact opposite was done.
SARS pinged for 7 hours, establishing the 1000 mile radius of flight path possibilities.

You may know airplanes and electronics, but we are also dealing with people and probabilities. The simplest possibility is the most likely. The simplest explanation with the highest probability of being correct is some kind of failure and crash. The rest its just filler and hype. All terrorist scenarios are complicated, unlikely, and with no understandable goal or outcome. Stealing a plane scenarios are just as hare-brained. But then you are reading fox news.

I pulled up a map of the Langkawi airport and if you lay a straight edge on the map lined up with a north/south approach you have a line straight into the Indian Ocean to right about where the sat shot of the floating stuff being investigated is located.

The airplane broke.

My question is,why would a pilot need or want to have a flight simulator set up in his house. Im thinking if he wanted to test legitimate theories he could find a simulator to use without going to all the trouble of setting up his own.

You may know airplanes and electronics, but we are also dealing with people and probabilities. The simplest possibility is the most likely. The simplest explanation with the highest probability of being correct is some kind of failure and crash. The rest its just filler and hype. All terrorist scenarios are complicated, unlikely, and with no understandable goal or outcome. Stealing a plane scenarios are just as hare-brained. But then you are reading fox news.
Ahhhh yes. The enlightenment is spewing out like rainbow farts.

Your logic is post hoc ergo propter laced...not to mention an inappropriate authority trying to excuse technical knowledge with probabilities; and lack thereof. Also, could you and BrotherBart beg the question anymore? (thats a rhetorical question btw)

Reactions: ironpony

the few known facts, transponder turned off 12 mins before the last radio call. the U turn was programmed in the flight plan 2 stolen passports plane flew for hours after last radio call. electrical fire pilot sends mayday period

minus the huge debris field that has not been found for 13 days.

I pulled up a map of the Langkawi airport and if you lay a straight edge on the map lined up with a north/south approach you have a line straight into the Indian Ocean to right about where the sat shot of the floating stuff being investigated is located.

The airplane broke.

after flying several more hours to reach where the debris is

My question is,why would a pilot need or want to have a flight simulator set up in his house. Im thinking if he wanted to test legitimate theories he could find a simulator to use without going to all the trouble of setting up his own.

actually pretty normal for pilot

after flying several more hours to reach where the debris is

Autopilot gonna fly till it runs out of gas. They had about six hours of fuel left. Get out the tape and do the math.

Ahhhh yes. The enlightenment is spewing out like rainbow farts.

Your logic is post hoc ergo propter laced...not to mention an inappropriate authority trying to excuse technical knowledge with probabilities; and lack thereof. Also, could you and BrotherBart beg the question anymore? (thats a rhetorical question btw)

Awwww, they've been letting you draw 8 scrabble tiles per turn again.

Autopilot gonna fly till it runs out of gas. They had about six hours of fuel left. Get out the tape and do the math.
Did auto pilot shut the comms reporting off 12 minutes before the last broadcast?

The plane was shot down. The shot came from the Grassy Knoll.

Awwww, they've been letting you draw 8 scrabble tiles per turn again.
Uhhhh...yeah. Real funny.

Sorry, this underling cain't undastand you. I only speak 'Merica! (Oh, that was sarcasm...a constant probabilty, and variable that doesn't need academia or intelligentsia to dissect; a language understood by all)

And Scrabble is boring. And for old people.

Who exactly is the conspiracy theorist again?

I'm not saying the plane shook itself apart after it burned up...then flew for another 7 hours on autopilot.

But...what I am saying is there are TOO MANY variables to say right now "Eh, it's AAA AND 9 volt batteries got hot like tying a nine inch nail in a loop and brought the plane down, after disabling the entire craft WHILE the pilots were firefighting and flying at the same time."

That's no different than saying "Well, brown people stole it and are duct taping Chernobyl to the belly of it."

so what were all the people on the plane doing??? were they sleeping?? dead??? electrical fire but auto pilot functions fine?? which theory is it?
splashed by Migs?

Reactions: Kool_hand_Looke
Becoming hostile over differing opinions is boring.
Hostile? I thought it was a running dialogue, perhaps some sarcastic banter as well.

This site is RIFE with sarcasm. No?

What's boring...is when someone tries to act (key word) like the smartest and biggest brain in the room.

the pilot belonged to an anti democracy group and his crazy leader was sentenced to 5 years in jail that morning. A trial which he attended while he should of been sleeping for his extended flight. Wife ad kids left him, think he may of Snapped??? can you say pilot suicide?? that is the only variable in my theory. If the pilot stole the plane it is on land some where, if he committed suicide it is in the water, unlikely no debris found. the beginning of my theory stands as is. It was a deliberate plan either way.

The airplane broke.

Whatever happened to the airplane isn't worth people getting all passive-aggressive, condescending, obnoxious and arrogant about. Discuss or don't discuss...but don't let the thread go out on the schoolyard for recess, that's just stupid.

I wonder who insures that airplane. If I had to insure them I'd want to know where they are from my desk. My truck has a LoJack system in it and it drops my insurance a little.

the few known facts, transponder turned off 12 mins before the last radio call. the U turn was programmed in the flight plan 2 stolen passports plane flew for hours after last radio call. electrical fire pilot sends mayday period

minus the huge debris field that has not been found for 13 days.
With an Electrical fire the first thing you do is start shutting off breakers. You communicate once the situation is assessable and reportable and you know it's safe to turn that breaker back on. If you are dealing with smoke inhalation there are life saving priorities ahead of calling home.

Status
Not open for further replies.