WHere did ya place your stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WASPKFD

Nov 3, 2013
Iowa
Ok so I'm getting closer to getting the chimney installed.. Check MENARDS and the total everything is about 500.00 , I called around to get an estimate because IM swamped at work and winter in IOWA is coming!!

Guy comes over (im at work) takes a look at the stove and says this thing will roast you out of the living room.. it will be too hot in here ... room is about 18 x 21 open area to kitchen and open to another big room then rest of house..

So I ask where else would ya put it??? anyway his estimate was 3000.00 ya 3 grand LOL!!!!!!

How many sq ft and what stove are you installing? I have a very similar set up and it does great! We have a soapstone stove so the gentle heat is great in smaller areas. It will of coarse get warm in the room you install it in, but it will be just fine as long as the stove isn't too big for your sq ft.

We need details of your set up, you guys in Iowa get winter?;)

HEY guys YA WINTER in IOWA hahahahaha
I have a BUCK 2800 , I believe its 2000 sq up and 1000 sq down stairs ,hopefully get installed this week,,,,

HEY BEGREEN!!!! thanx for the link!!! I will call the one close to me.. By the way mines a stand alone buck 2800 it has a built in fan.. cant wait to fire the beast up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.