where do I find a offset adapter for wood stove to flexpipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

storeybow

Nov 18, 2008
northern nv
I recently bought a country wood stove insert and 35 feet of 316ti liner I have a heatalator fire place. I was told by the dealer that the pipe would go right in . when we got the pipe through the damper area to the fire box we were off about 6 inches. I only have a few inches clearance to work with. could use any advice on how to connect flex to stove I cant seem to find any offset adapters on line.

[quote author="storeybow" date="1226993279 I have a double wall 8 inch existing pipe roughly 35 feet in length. am I doing it right with the full length of flex pipe from the cap straight to the stove? do I need insulation between the pipe and the liner? dont want a fire.the stove is supposed to be a zero clearance stove and setting it in a tin fire box worries me but dealer says its o.k. would like some feed back please?

Most inserts have specific clearances when installed into ZC prefab boxes. Follow the instruction manual. Yes you MUST do a full 6" liner from the insert to the top. The old pipe is prob an air cooled system which is not listed to 2100deg. To get the 2100deg rating and meet UL 1777 the liner system must have 1/2" insulation wrap. If you old pipe is not air cooled it may be class A and rated to 2100deg already.

Status
Not open for further replies.