Where do people come up with these ideas?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikefrommaine

At least you don't need to be insured!

http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/1974092841.html

Maple/Oak Firewood (Turner)
Date: 2010-09-26, 8:22AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have about 12-18 trees that I want down, most of them are maple. All are very good size and a couple real big. All easy access and can drive up to them. Looking for someone to take down and remove and brush can be piled on site so I can burn it. If you cut the maple now and put it inside with a dehumidifier then you should be able to burn it this year. Should be many many cords and I am looking for the best price per cord and also need to know when you can start it. Thanks

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1974092841

cut and split five or six cords, fill the house, close the windows tight and crank up the dehumidifier - is the a Maine Kiln?

And please be careful around those power lines and buildings...

There a lot of people here in Maine who cut wood now to burn in their smoke dragons. The general idea that most of these people follow is that you can mix the green wood with dry wood and you're good to go. By dry they mean 6 to 12 months at the most and green is cut in September/October.

What does 'best price per cord" mean? Is this person expecting to get paid for letting me cut his trees?

I think he is expecting to get paid. I think I will send him an offer to cut them down for $100 a tree plus trucking to dispose of the wood he doesn't want.

I can't believe this fool thinks that somebody would actually be stupid enough to pay him for the privlidge to clean HIS problem up for him. As Ron White says: "You can't fix stupid"

mikefrommaine said:

I have about 12-18 trees that I want down, most of them are maple. All are very good size and a couple real big. All easy access and can drive up to them. Looking for someone to take down and remove and brush can be piled on site so I can burn it. If you cut the maple now and put it inside with a dehumidifier then you should be able to burn it this year. Should be many many cords and I am looking for the best price per cord and also need to know when you can start it. Thanks

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

The crazy idea is that he wants to get paid for firewood that is still live/standing. Maybe things are different in Maine but no tree service would do that here unless some of the timber were marketable as saw logs.

I would think he is especially crazy in Maine. I haven't heard of a firewood shortage there.

Bigg_Redd said:
mikefrommaine said:

The crazy idea is that he wants to get paid for firewood that is still live/standing. Maybe things are different in Maine but no tree service would do that here unless some of the timber were marketable as saw logs.

No one is going to do it here for nothin' either. He has had that ad up for a while now and no one seems to be taking him up on it.

rottiman said:
I can't believe this fool thinks that somebody would actually be stupid enough to pay him for the privlidge to clean HIS problem up for him. As Ron White says: "You can't fix stupid"

Personally I think someone must be dumb enough too or else these wouldn't be all over Craigslist. I see them everywhere; I can't imagine so many people just get the idea so SOMEone must be doing it. Just my thought; many people search craigslist to get some idea on what to post.

I hope bubba and his unclecousin go over there and take care of it for him...hillbilly style!!!

n3pro said:
rottiman said:

Personally I think someone must be dumb enough too or else these wouldn't be all over Craigslist. I see them everywhere; I can't imagine so many people just get the idea so SOMEone must be doing it. Just my thought; many people search craigslist to get some idea on what to post.

That's the problem. They see the posts and think it is acceptable, not knowing how ridiculous it is.

i love when they say .. u take down , remove, remove stump and fill with dirt to level.. MUST BE INSURED... ... ok what else can i do for you for a cord of wood.. paint the house bring out the garbage

My friend had his landlord do that in the spare apt. Hauled in like 6-7 cords, filled the WHOLE place other than a 5x5 area by the front door which was enough rooom for 2 dehumidifiers.

Yes... in Maine... Fort Kent area.

The Teethbrush
Research had been going on for many years in regard to the invention of the toothbrush. Researchers knew the purpose of the device but wanted to know and acknowledge the originating location. After a very long and exasperating study, the researchers came to their conclusion about the origin of the toothbrush. It was decided that the brush was invented in Maine.

Intrigued by the discovery, the media asked the researchers how they came to this conclusion.

The researchers all agreed that it was simple deduction: "If it was invented anywhere else, it would have been called a teethbrush."

Llamaman said:
The Teethbrush
Research had been going on for many years in regard to the invention of the toothbrush. Researchers knew the purpose of the device but wanted to know and acknowledge the originating location. After a very long and exasperating study, the researchers came to their conclusion about the origin of the toothbrush. It was decided that the brush was invented in Maine.

Intrigued by the discovery, the media asked the researchers how they came to this conclusion.

The researchers all agreed that it was simple deduction: "If it was invented anywhere else, it would have been called a teethbrush."

The problem with Mazzholes is they think we are dumb and cannot read, but we sell them stuff that they do not need.

peterc38 said:
Llamaman said:
The Teethbrush

The problem with Mazzholes is they think we are dumb and cannot read, but we sell them stuff that they do not need.

Could you post some pics to illustrate what you are saying . . . there are too many words to read here . . . I do better with picture books. ;) :)

nice rhyme - are you the "Cat in the Hat"?

"The problem with Mazzholes is they think we are dumb and cannot read, but we sell them stuff that they do not need."

A bit off topic, but the best suggestion I have heard for the state of Maine -- stop giving Massachusetans (I don't know what the heck they call themselves) free access to the state. If we just set up a toll booth at the Portsmouth bridge and gave them day passes (maybe overnight passes) we could take there money and then send them back. If they couldn't stay they would stop buying houses here and trying to change our state into what they fled.

I like Massachusetts . . . if it wasn't for Massachusetts and Maine once being part of Massachusetts I wouldn't get an extra day off on Patriot's Day in April!

Here's one from my local Craigslist.

Approximately 70 large ash trees that can be harvested for lumber and firewood. Trees have Emerald Ash Borer; however, lumber and firewood are excellent. Lumber and firewood may be transported to Indiana counties that are already infected with Emerald Ash Borer. Trees are on 2 acre residential lot. Experienced tree cutters only. $120 per tree with 5 tree minimum purchase. Call 260-918

Wheres the rest of his number? I was going to call :lol:

Hi Maineiacs - your guys collect plenty of tolls from us M-Holes and everyone else who heads up to your great state........is the topless doughnut shop still in business?

Status
Not open for further replies.