1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Where do you buy your pellets from on Long Island

Post in '2013-14 Pellet FUEL reviews-opinions-questions' started by glenc0322, Feb 23, 2013.

1. glenc0322

glenc0322 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    long Island NY
    Just wondering where everyone gets there pellets from on Long Island. The Home Depot around me are OUT and Lowes only has North American Pellets (alot of ash) So I am looking for sugestions. I Also go to Bravo Windows and doors for a beter grade pellet then the box stores There are no TSC by me either
    thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. CAPBOY

CAPBOY New Member

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
  3. CAPBOY

CAPBOY New Member

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Called thhe # on that link and they are out of stock.
  4. glenc0322

Loc:
    long Island NY
    Called him a few times last year and left messages he never got back to me. So I took my money else where.
  5. LI-Mini-Owner

LI-Mini-Owner Member

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    You can give a call to this guy. (631) 532-6300 Montauk hwy in Copiague. No idea on price and what's avail.
  6. jimf

jimf New Member

Loc:
    Suffolk County, Long Island, NY
    Try Rella Coal...nice folks, typically carry Energex
    (631) 736-0469
  7. glenc0322

Loc:
    long Island NY
    thanks
  8. bellini13

bellini13 Member

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    +1 for Rella Coal. I had purchased my Harman P43 from them plus installation. Nice small family run business.
  9. CAPBOY

CAPBOY New Member

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Rella Coal...those that have purchased from them, would you be so kind to review your purchase?

Just bought 4 tone of Stovechows from Home Depot in Jericho. Used the Lowes Coupon (Only gave me $50 off as they said that's their limit). Was Happy with the chows last year. I'll probably only use 3 tons, but since I have the room, it brought the unit cost of the $85 delivery charge down. There might be better stuff avaiable in terms of output, but for the everyday use, it makes sense. And since HD delivered placing them right at the foot of my garage for just about $850, I'm set for the winter.
  10. L.I. Pellet Guy

L.I. Pellet Guy New Member

Loc:
    Wrong Island
    Lowes in Medford has, Timbe Heats - I've used them, small pellets, good heat, Northern, Natures own. The Home Depot in Holbrook has Chow all showing $209 a ton + delivery. Last year they had Somersets, not this year - Yet.

I did find 4 tons at Lowes in Garden city, took what they had.

Attached Files: