1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Where do you find free pallets?

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by num1hitter, Jan 13, 2013.

1. schlot

schlot Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Iowa
    I found some under the neighbors wood pile...boy he as mad. LOL.

Golf courses, contractors, building supply, churches...well ok, maybe not churches, unless they got a REALLY big shipment in of communion wine.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. CT-Mike

CT-Mike Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New England
    Check out your local hot tub dealer. The store where I bought my hot tub is always looking for someone to take them, and they are big, like 8' x 8' or so.
    ScotO likes this.
  3. Paulywalnut

Paulywalnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kennett Square, PA
    Wow! Competition for Pallet Pete;)
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  4. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    No, just full of useless information and being in printing all my life, had to know where to get pallets to meet commercial/consumer/military specs. They all burn the same to me ;)
  5. Paulywalnut

Paulywalnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kennett Square, PA
    Oh ok. Its actually good info not many know about.
  6. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    There are NO pallets left in the USA because Pallet Pete has all of them!!! ==c

Ray
    Hearth Mistress likes this.
  7. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Pallet Pete pursues pallets procured for free at produce / hardware product stores procuring pallets without pay. Proceed to pester produce / hardeware managers periodically and procure pallets providing pallet piles per plan. Pallets Pete's place of employment practically throws pallets at his posterior as well ! :p

Pete
    ScotO and raybonz like this.
  8. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Pishaw Pallet Pete proceeds per plan pouncing on pallets persistently & painting 49 * 73 pallets pointlessly proving his prominence ! ;)

Pete
  9. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

;em
    ScotO likes this.
  10. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Pfft you pallet pilfering punk!
    ScotO and Pallet Pete like this.
  11. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Ray really rubs reality in ! :p

Pete
    raybonz likes this.
  12. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Sorry Pallet Pete + Raybonz = Perfectly retarded ! ::-)

I am done now

Seriously check out all the local factories and stores ! Factories give away tons of pallets around here you have to pay to get rid of them so we put them by a road with a free sign or I take them.

Pete
    raybonz likes this.
  13. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    Pallet Pete painstakingly pacifies his procurement of pallets profusely.

I can't compete with Pete ;)
    raybonz and Pallet Pete like this.
  14. WeldrDave

WeldrDave Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    New Jersey
    I can arrange for at least 100 of my pallets to go away if someone wants to drive to South Jersey!
    ScotO and Pallet Pete like this.
  15. ScotO

ScotO Guest

My neighbor out the road owns a sign company....he does some really big signs and such for businesses and what-not. Anyway, years back, he was contracted to help install the jumbotrons/scoreboard at Penn State's Beaver Stadium. I was coming home from work one day and passed his business and there was a MOUNTAIN of 'pallet' wood.......all 2x4's......stacked in his business driveway. So I said what the heck, I stopped in and asked what he was doing with them. He said if I wanted them, they were mine....but I had to take more that he had to remove from the jobsite. All or nothing, so to speak. I literally got several tractor-trailer loads of 'pallets' (when I say pallets, I'm talking each pallet was built out of 2x4's, literally dozens of them each pallet, some 8' long, some 12 and 14' and longer)! I paid for fuel to haul them back from Beaver Stadium, and I spent over a MONTH pulling spiral nails and staples out of those boards. I stacked and banded them in my basement and the following summer, I framed my entire 28' x 24' barn out of them! I also studded the entire upstairs of my addition with them! All top-grade lumber, too!

My point is, do like the others said and ask around, I'm sure you'll find some for free, heck maybe even enough to build a barn!!
    WeldrDave and raybonz like this.