Where do you get your boiler tube brushes at ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
I looked online and the one place I found wanted 10 dollars to ship a 13 dollar brush. Another place you couldn't order online. So any recommendations ? I Measured the inside of tube and got 2 5/8 so I was thinking a 2 3/4" brush.

I looked online and the one place I found wanted 10 dollars to ship a 13 dollar brush. Another place you couldn't order online. So any recommendations ? I Measured the inside of tube and got 2 5/8 so I was thinking a 2 3/4" brush.
I got mine from MSC industrial tool, free shipping with a coupon code ,2 3/4" would be right, I got 3" and its slightly too big

JT, Google McMaster Carr and search under tube brushes, heavy cleaning and deburring. I see 2.5" and 2.75" dia brushes with a 1/4" NPT end; MC Part Nos 7232T18 and 7232T19 . I'm inclined to order one of each because sometimes an oversized brush can be a bear in a tight bore. I presume our tubes are some metric size. ~$13 from MC but there may be a brush specific to our boiler someone may suggest. I'll watch for better ideas.

Reactions: hobbyheater
I ordered one from MSC. About fifteen dollars total for a single spiral 2 3/4" flu brush. Thanks guys. Sure seems like they would give you one with the boiler when you buy it. They did give me a smaller one to clean the fins in the lower chamber, but not tone for the firer tubes. Should make it a lot easier to clean with the correct size brush.

Great. Let me know how it works and what you attach it to. I need to do my tubes this spring. Look forward to hear your results.

I got the brush yesterday. I was amazed that i got it in one day. Less than 24 hrs and shipping was free. I have a fiberglass chimney rod that it will screw onto. It will probably be a while until I use it. I just cleaned the tubes a few days ago. I must have got them fairly clean because my exhaust is back down to 325 F at 100% fan power. Amazing how much a little fly ash cuts down on heat transfer.

One came with my boiler.

I also got a few spare brush heads for it - but I'm still using the same original brush head after almost 2 full heating seasons.

I've never brushed my tubes. I've probably been wasting a bunch of energy. Looking forward to hearing how your 2 3/4" brushes work.

Well I got charged for shipping. It was misleading. It never showed the shipping charge when I checked out, but it's on my bank statement:mad:. Almost 10 dollars for delivery, outrageous. I didn't need it the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.