Where do you get your maintenance items like fiberboard and creamic blankets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishinpa

Oct 7, 2008
SE PA
This spring/summer I need to replace some items in my stove, such as the blanket and fiberboard. From the manufacturer these items are very pricy!

I have a friend who builds heat treating equipment and tells me they mark this stuff up 20, 30, 50x when they sell replacement items like this, because people think it is a product specific to the equipment, which it is not. ** No I am not able to get these items from this person because their blankets and fiberboard are much thicker than what I need.

I got the dimensions of the items I need to replace right from the user manual. I am hoping to save some money on this rebuild and accrue a little 'inventory' at the same time. I found online I can buy a whole roll of Kaowool and large sheets of fiberboard, but I do not need a huge quantity either. I was thinking enough for maybe 3 rebuilds, 1 every 3 or 4 years as needed.

Has anyone found a place to obtain these items for a reasonable price that I can buy in semi-bulk, then size to fit my application?

Status
Not open for further replies.