1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Where do you keep all your stuff?

Post in 'The Gear' started by velvetfoot, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. velvetfoot

velvetfoot Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sand Lake, NY
    My recent (almost) purchase - yes I might have cold feet (3week lead time)- of a big gas splitter has got me thinking at this rate I'll run out of room in my garage bay, what with a lawn tractor to move around the splitter, perhaps a little trailer to haul wood and other stuff - see where I'm going with this? Do most people have sheds? Does stuff keep well in them?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ecfinn

ecfinn New Member

Loc:
    Ambler, PA
    I've got a 2 car detached garage and a 12'x16' shed and I can barely get one car in the garage with all my @#$% I've got sitting around here. In fact I can't even get the car out of the garage now because I've got a giant pile of wood in front of it. I'm the definition of pack-rat so I'm probably the wrong person to ask... :)
  3. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    Big garage but no splitter in there , no cars on there as a matter of fact tho i do have the room.

For the splitter ............
    Took a fiber glass 5'X8' truck shell and built a frame in the yard 5'x4.5' tall out of 4x4's and put the truck shell on top and bolted it down and placed full sheet siding around it. Big enough for the gas splitter a garden tractor snow blower and a garden tractor blade.

You can find really cheap low cost truck shell's in the paper and local. I have seen them for as low as $25.
  4. velvetfoot

velvetfoot Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sand Lake, NY
    I've got some wood in the garage now. I like that.
  5. MrGriz

MrGriz New Member

Loc:
    Waterford, WI
    I have a 2 1/2 car attached garage at the house we moved to five years ago. One car spent the first three months or so in there, now it's completely loaded with all my other junk. In the garage, but not included in the junk catagory are the splitter, lawn tractor and trailer, motorcycles, saws and a weeks worth of wood. Also have a 10' by 12' shed loaded with junk....Maybe it's time to think about getting rid of some of it....Don't tell my wife I just said that... ;-P
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.