Where do you keep all your stuff?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
My recent (almost) purchase - yes I might have cold feet (3week lead time)- of a big gas splitter has got me thinking at this rate I'll run out of room in my garage bay, what with a lawn tractor to move around the splitter, perhaps a little trailer to haul wood and other stuff - see where I'm going with this? Do most people have sheds? Does stuff keep well in them?

I've got a 2 car detached garage and a 12'x16' shed and I can barely get one car in the garage with all my @#$% I've got sitting around here. In fact I can't even get the car out of the garage now because I've got a giant pile of wood in front of it. I'm the definition of pack-rat so I'm probably the wrong person to ask... :)

Big garage but no splitter in there , no cars on there as a matter of fact tho i do have the room.

For the splitter ............
Took a fiber glass 5'X8' truck shell and built a frame in the yard 5'x4.5' tall out of 4x4's and put the truck shell on top and bolted it down and placed full sheet siding around it. Big enough for the gas splitter a garden tractor snow blower and a garden tractor blade.

You can find really cheap low cost truck shell's in the paper and local. I have seen them for as low as $25.

I have a 2 1/2 car attached garage at the house we moved to five years ago. One car spent the first three months or so in there, now it's completely loaded with all my other junk. In the garage, but not included in the junk catagory are the splitter, lawn tractor and trailer, motorcycles, saws and a weeks worth of wood. Also have a 10' by 12' shed loaded with junk....Maybe it's time to think about getting rid of some of it....Don't tell my wife I just said that... ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.