Where does the air intake enter a Fireview?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bub381

Minister of Fire
Feb 4, 2011
Mid-coast Maine
I see a set of holes over the door which i assume is airwash and i have plenty of draft but where does the air enter?

I think those holes in that air wash plate actually supply secondary air to the cat and the 1/4" gap between the plate and glass is the air wash. If you look at the back of the stove at the air slide lever you can see where the air comes in. It goes in and splits around each upper side of the stove under the lid in the air duct and comes down through the air wash plate.

Ya i knew where the damper is but couldn't figure the rest.Thanks.Just kinda curious.The air really moves around in this thing.Also like the double paned ceramic.

Ya i knew where the inlet was on the outside but couldn't figure the rest.Thanks.Just kinda curious.The air really moves around in this thing.Also like the double paned ceramic.
Sorry just trying some things out on the board.

The nice thing about that Fireview damper lever is you have accurate and repeatable control over how much air enters the Firebox. The airwash over the window works really well to keep the glass clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.