Q&A Where does the gas hookup to gas logs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I have a Country flame insert in my fireplace with a natural gas starter. I was thinking of going with gas logs since I do not use my fireplace as it is right now. The gas pipe comes through the center of the fireplace and tees off to provide a place to start the logs. Will this center positioning of the gas pipe cause installation problems with the gas logs?

Answer:

Depends on the gas log set. Most sets do hook up from either the left or right ends, however their is usually room behind the sets to get a flex connector tube. If the gas pipe comes in from the rear of the fireplace there should be no problem. If it comes in from the bottom, then you may have an issue. it might have to be relocated further toward the rear of the fireplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.