Where does your BK cat probe point when stone cold?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
We're supposed to get near 50 tomorrow so I plan to let the stove cool in order to sweep the chimney, clean the cat, check the bypass and loading door gasket.(maybe wipe the glass down :lol: ) While I'm at it I figured I'd make sure the cat probe needle is still in the right place. The manual is pretty vague on where it should point when cold,(think it just says near the bottom of inactive zone) did anyone pay attention to where the needle pointed when it was new?

Thanks!

I let my stove go cold a couple of weeks ago...here is a picture of the cat probe as it sits right now, at room temperature.

As far as I can remember, it has always pointed here when at room temperature.

Attachments

• Cat Probe.jpg
    Cat Probe.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 182
Thanks fdegree! That is where I would put mine but lanning has one posted in his avatar that looks like it's at the bottom. I hope he doesn't mind me borrowing it. :)

Attachments

3.7 KB · Views: 164
I thought I had posted a pic of my cat probe in some previous thread...maybe a year or so agao. So, I was looking for that to post in your thread (I couldn't find it so I had to take the above pic) and stumbled across a post lanning made with that picture. Apparently it had malfunctioned and he got a replacement from Condar. Here is a link...
Cat Probe Calibration

fdegree said:
I thought I had posted a pic of my cat probe in some previous thread...maybe a year or so agao. So, I was looking for that to post in your thread and stumbled across a post lanning made with that picture. Apparently it had malfunctioned and he got a replacement from Condar. Here is a link...
Cat Probe Calibration

Good catch, that splains it all! :lol:

Mine has gone that high before where it was coming around for a 2nd pass.

NATE379 said:
Mine has gone that high before where it was coming around for a 2nd pass.

Sweet.

Mine looks just like fdegree's.

Status
Not open for further replies.