Where has all the Stihl stuff gone? (Baileys)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MasterMech

I distinctly remember being able to lookup Stihl OEM bars/chains on Bailey's website. Now it's all gone! :( Wonder if Stihl put the kaibash on that? <>

I think Stihl stuff is only available through Stihl dealers. Bailey's does list what the Stihl equivalent would be, and other brand replacements but not genuine Stihl parts.

Reactions: Bigg_Redd
I think Stihl stuff is only available through Stihl dealers. Bailey's does list what the Stihl equivalent would be, and other brand replacements but not genuine Stihl parts.

I am positive you were able to get genuine Stihl ES bars and Stihl chain through Bailey's. In fact I think I've linked to the pages a couple times here on this forum. I've never bought from them because I get stellar pricing from a former employer. Now all I saw were the overseas parts for pistons, cylinders, etc.

BTW: I'm well aware that Stihl stuff is supposed to be available only through local dealers. Internet sales are a no no. I'm just wondering if Bailey's got a "talkin' to".

Stihl must have had a come to Jaysus meeting with them. They used to sell Stihl parts on eBay in a "store" and it is gone too. Stihl is goofy. I can buy anything they make at the ACE Hardware store down the road. The high school student that sits in their Post Office branch in the back provides the support. She points over to the wall where the saws are if you ask anything.

Stihl must have had a come to Jaysus meeting with them. They used to sell Stihl parts on eBay in a "store" and it is gone too. Stihl is goofy. I can buy anything they make at the ACE Hardware store down the road. The high school student that sits in their Post Office branch in the back provides the support. She points over to the wall where the saws are if you ask anything.

Yeah, I smell litigation on this one. I remember being able to look them up too, once upon a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.