1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Where I got my wood

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by jeff6443, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeff6443

jeff6443 New Member

Loc:
    NJ South
    Put my DW med . non cat in in june . Been scounging all summer thought i had alot . Been burning alot . I like the feeling
    of the heat last year I was cold in my new house . Any how I have a cord of good oak comming ( family friend) But at my daily
    stop tap room I get to talking . The girl says my husbands best friend is a tree service guy , loacal citys call him when trees are down.
    She said we ll hook u up . I said how much she said dont worry. The guy came a month ago the see where I wanted it . Now I see this girl daily
    she always asks did he come yet , I say no dont worry he came to my house ,. Now today I go in and she says any wood yet . I said no . She said I wait till the nxt time I see ya I none I ask whats up .I come home .Guess what . The storm that suspended The world series knocked some trees down . Get home I have wood .25 /30 foot buy 8 10 inch logs And the whole 5 foot round center . Hammonton NJ has some big trees . I think I have one . What do I give him . We talked about bartering I m in the fish biz
    Sorry so long The wood will be for next year I sure but I wanta keep this guy HAPPY AROUND If it wasnt for here i would not have thought of this thanks all JM

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Rockey

Rockey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Ohio
    Hey from what I gathered you did pretty well there. I think, maybe. Oh geez now my head hurts, hey anyone got a beer in here?
  3. kenny chaos

kenny chaos Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rochester,ny
    so which one gave you wood?
  4. jeff6443

jeff6443 New Member

Loc:
    NJ South
    Yea I got beer :)
  5. myzamboni

myzamboni Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Silicon Valley
    Ask the girl at the tap room what her hubby likes and get him a gift card for Cabelas, Baileys, saw shop, etc.

If it turns out they like fish it sounds like you could factor that in too.
  6. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Loc:
    Central Illinois
    What's a tap room?

Sounds like a case of beer or a bottle on good whiskey would about do it. Maybe gift certificate to a local restaurant.
  7. MuckSavage

MuckSavage Member

Loc:
    South Jersey
    I had a tree service guy clearing a lot for a project I was working on. He was upset that he didn't know where to take the wood. When I told him he could take it to my house, 4 miles away, he was delighted. I bought the guys a couple of pizzas at lunchtime, then 2 thirty packs on Friday afternoon. They were delighted. I got like 4 tri-axle loads of Poplar. Not the best wood, but it was (almost) free.
  8. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    I thought you were putting down your wife's cat for a second there.

Good score. I know what you mean- staying in good graces for someone like that. It's good country economics.
  9. Bubbavh

Bubbavh Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NJ Piney

Get him a gift certificate to Illiano's Restaurant in Hammonton... They have the best Italian food!
    Also let me know what night he is going to be there, so I can score some of that free wood!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.