Where I got my wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff6443

Jul 29, 2008
NJ South
Put my DW med . non cat in in june . Been scounging all summer thought i had alot . Been burning alot . I like the feeling
of the heat last year I was cold in my new house . Any how I have a cord of good oak comming ( family friend) But at my daily
stop tap room I get to talking . The girl says my husbands best friend is a tree service guy , loacal citys call him when trees are down.
She said we ll hook u up . I said how much she said dont worry. The guy came a month ago the see where I wanted it . Now I see this girl daily
she always asks did he come yet , I say no dont worry he came to my house ,. Now today I go in and she says any wood yet . I said no . She said I wait till the nxt time I see ya I none I ask whats up .I come home .Guess what . The storm that suspended The world series knocked some trees down . Get home I have wood .25 /30 foot buy 8 10 inch logs And the whole 5 foot round center . Hammonton NJ has some big trees . I think I have one . What do I give him . We talked about bartering I m in the fish biz
Sorry so long The wood will be for next year I sure but I wanta keep this guy HAPPY AROUND If it wasnt for here i would not have thought of this thanks all JM

Hey from what I gathered you did pretty well there. I think, maybe. Oh geez now my head hurts, hey anyone got a beer in here?

Ask the girl at the tap room what her hubby likes and get him a gift card for Cabelas, Baileys, saw shop, etc.

If it turns out they like fish it sounds like you could factor that in too.

What's a tap room?

Sounds like a case of beer or a bottle on good whiskey would about do it. Maybe gift certificate to a local restaurant.

I had a tree service guy clearing a lot for a project I was working on. He was upset that he didn't know where to take the wood. When I told him he could take it to my house, 4 miles away, he was delighted. I bought the guys a couple of pizzas at lunchtime, then 2 thirty packs on Friday afternoon. They were delighted. I got like 4 tri-axle loads of Poplar. Not the best wood, but it was (almost) free.

Dumbfishguy said:
Put my DW med . non cat in in june .

I thought you were putting down your wife's cat for a second there.

Good score. I know what you mean- staying in good graces for someone like that. It's good country economics.

Get him a gift certificate to Illiano's Restaurant in Hammonton... They have the best Italian food!
Also let me know what night he is going to be there, so I can score some of that free wood!

Status
Not open for further replies.