Where is Gooserider?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgwmgw

I am Gooserider's long-time girlfriend.

He has had an accident involving
a piece of tree falling on him.
It has broken his leg just below the knee
and broken some ribs, which tore his aorta
and may have slightly punctured a lung.

So, he is in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit
at Lahey Clinic. Only family are allowed to visit
or call.

He will not be able to moderate for at least
some days, maybe longer.

If you want to do something for him
and believe in prayer or equivalent,
any good wishes for his well being and
for the competence of his doctors would
be welcome.

Mary-Anne

(webmasters edit and not below - if you are just seeing this thread now, please read this about the upcoming build days)
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/54991/
The same thread gives instructions if you can help with green energy ($$)
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewannounce/54381_2/

Hope and well-wishes forthcoming.
Also hopes for no pneumonia nor pleurisy in the lung from broken ribs.

Lahey's supposed to be a good place to be should there need be.

Get well soon Goose, you'll be in my prayers and I look forward to reading your words hopefully soon.

Mary-Anne,

Prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery coming his way!

Shari

Goose, you're in my prayers. Get well soon, we need you!

Mary-Anne, thanks very much for letting us know here. I've linked your thread into the Moderators' forum, so the Webmaster and other mods will be aware of the situation. Our very best wishes go out to Goose, and to you. Please keep us updated here on the situation...probably the most appropriate forum to post in for this would be the Ash Can. I'll move this thread over there and the discussion can continue. Thanks again for letting us know. Rick

Your succinct writings and solid advice will be missed on a daily basis. Best wishes for a solid recovery. Peace & Prayers.
Rob

Goose, We are thinking of you and are in our thoughts and prayers. It always pains us to here of any one getting hurt getting wood. Get well soon as your well thought out responses to every one here is really appreciated.
leaddog

Goose you are in our prayers from the other end of the state. Hurry back !
Ed

Wow. Must be some damn sore about now if drugs permit such a thing.

I wish only the best for a very speedy recovery.

And a very big, warm hug for you, Mary-Anne. You must be worried sick about Goose. I wish there was something I could do for you... words seem so insignificant right now.

Get well Goose, Randy

speedy recovery to you goose, hope all goes well. see you back here soon!!

jesse

Mary Anne, I hope things are better soon, for all of your sakes.

You are in my thoughts.

I think I speak for many of us on how much help Goose has always provided everyone with his well thought out posts.
You are both in our thoughts and our prayers, and please keep us updated on his condition.
We will say a few prayers tonight for you both.

Gooserider, I'm very sorry to hear you have been injured so seriously. I hope you receive the best of care, and are feeling better soon.

Mike

Best wishes and thoughts and prayers from here as well.

Lahey Clinic is one of the best. Know it fairly well from my wife's family's health care there. Thoughts and prayers are with the Goose. Hope he recovers quick!

Gooserider, I am very sorry to hear that you have been injured so seriously. I hope you receive the best of care and are feeling better soon.

Mike

Yikes! That's shocking news. Thanks for letting us know Mary-Anne. I hope he's not in too much pain and heals quickly. Please let him know we're all thinking about him and pulling for his fast recovery.

Had to be a fluke, Goose is a careful dude. But it's a good warning to all of us. Be careful out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.