Where is Gooserider?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary-anne, Does the hospital have a wireless network? Hook him up with a notebook computer. I'm sure he would like to surf!

Mary-Anne - you let us know when the time is right. I'll be warming up till then.

" A guy walks into a bar and....." Wait - I'll save that one.

Thanks, Mary-Anne...I think patience is the key for everyone. Goose needs to rest and to heal. When the time is right, and he's got the go-ahead from the folks looking after his recovery (including you), then a laptop might be a good first step. Dunno about a phone ringing on his bedside table day & night. Rick

Mary Anne, such good news for you and yours !!!!

Please, keep us posted !!

And as an "aside" ..... Goose = Arthur??????????

Thank God he will be alright. the prayers have helped. Now rest and recover, I am sure Mary Ann would love to have him home, there is so much to do.

There is nothing more frightening that seeing someone you love so debilitated. It's a very stern reminder of how fragile we all can be but watching improvement is also shows us how readily the body can mend itself. Hang in there, Mary-Anne, I bet you're pretty wiped about about now. It's nice read good news, thanks for the update.

Mary-Anne said:
Gooserider is talking better than yesterday. He ate his first
meal today. He had his first physical therapy session today.

Those of you who are thinking of Get Well cards, I have a better idea.
When he can talk a little better, I think he would prefer phone calls.
His life is pretty boring and I think phone calls would be more entertaining
for him than cards.

I can hardly understand him unless I listen carefully yet, so this will
take some days before phone calls make sense.

Mary-Anne

Great news.

I know you've probably got a lot on your mind Mary Anne, but please let Goose know there are many of us here that are thinking of him every day . . . we truly miss him . . . and are pulling for both of you . . . and let us know if there is anything we can do to help you guys.

Gooserider's "real" name is Arthur Torrey.
He has been "Gooserider" for decades.
This has to do with MotoGuzzi motorcycles,
not unwholesome acts on birds.

I will keep you posted.

The reason I did not post an address
is that I assume phone calls will be more fun than cards.

His legs still do not move,
so please keep praying.
He does have sensation in them.

Optimistically,

Mary-Anne

Mary-Anne said:

I knew I liked you. That right thar was funny. :lol:

Mary-Anne - believe me when I tell you that the dark days become sunnier. Attitude is everything (and a sense of humor).

Hang in there, Goose................

Mary-Anne said:
Gooserider's "real" name is Arthur Torrey.
He has been "Gooserider" for decades.

I will keep you posted.

The reason I did not post an address
is that I assume phone calls will be more fun than cards.

His legs still do not move,
so please keep praying.
He does have sensation in them.

Optimistically,

Mary-Anne

That just ruins the hilarious image of a saddled goose running crazy with a dude on its back waving one hand in the air like a bucking bronco. Hang in there goose and mary-anne, good thoughts going your way.

It's funny how sometimes we get pictures in our mind . . . or thoughts stuck there.

For some reason I always pictured Goose/Arthur as Goose from Mad Max . . . which may be kind of appropriate since he rode a motorcycle . . . just not a Guzzi.

http://www.madmaxcostumes.com/C1/goose.htm

I always thought it was a throwback to Top Gun..........

I pictured Gooserider as being taken from Selma Lagerloff's book, too.

Anybody who recognizes his avatar immediately grasps the nickname. Rick

Gooserider has been moved from intensive care to a regular hospital room.
His phone number there is 781-744-1126.

Calls welcome.
Visiting hours are from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Phoning before you visit is a good idea.
Please do not visit if he can catch something from you.
I am told his immune system is not as strong as usual just now.

I do not know when he moves from there to rehab,
but I expect it is a matter of days.
Most likely rehab will be located in nearby Woburn Mass.

He has no internet access, and would likely welcome updates
on hearth.com activity.

Mary-Anne

Thank you for the update Mary Anne.

Just got off the phone with Goose . . .

Never having met him or talked with him other than our interaction here at the hearth.com I just wanted to say to anyone who has thought about calling him, but has thought "Gee, I don't really know Goose other than having read his posts . . . what will we talk about . . . it would be kind of odd just to call him up out of the blue wouldn't it?" . . . never fear, The Goose is a great guy and easy to talk with . . . and I did ask and he did say that as long as there are no pretty nurses visiting him (or Mary Anne) and he's feeling up to it, he would be happy to talk to folks, answer questions about wood splitters or just chat for a bit to distract him.

The Goose seems in good spirit . . . and having talked with him I think we'll be hearing from him in no time . . . and I suspect he's the sort of guy who will get back on his feet as he is the type of person who will rise to the challenge, no matter what that challenge may be.

And so, I'll challenge you, good members of hearth.com . . . take just 5 minutes out of your day today or tomorrow and send Goose a card . . . or give him a call . . . just to let him know that he and Mary Anne are not alone and are not forgotten, but are in fact sorely missed.

That is great news.

This forum is amazing as it is a place that I come to almost everyday, to talk with people that I will probably never meet, and when I hear that one of us got injured it really bothers me. I'm several states away from Goose and I know that I will never meet him in person, but I check up on him here all the time.

Thank You Mary-Anne for keeping us updated.

One of Goose's many Internet friends,
Shannon

Status
Not open for further replies.