where is the jotul 3CB air intake?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

steveh2112

Jan 14, 2024
ithaca ny
hi, i just got a 3CB, the blue enamel one, looks great. i'd like to put a OAK on it be where would i connect it? there's nothing in the manual but they do seem to sell kits online but no instructions where it goes on the stove. thanks

There is no outside air connection for this stove. That is one of the reasons it is not permitted for mobile home use. The air enters in different locations for the air wash, the startup air and the secondary air.

i didn't realize that when i got it. i wonder is there is a way to mod it?
No, the air intakes are from very different locations, back, front center, and top.

Outside air adapter for the F3, 3CB, and F3cb can be ordered directly from Jotul through woodmans.

Part number-156408 -Outside air adapter

I am not sure what it takes to install it, you will have to get the rear heat shield off and possibly have to remove the cover for the secondary air hole, which would be a single bolt going through the stove and baffle on the inside rear wall.

Sometimes they do send instructions.

I see that part is listed a general one that covers many old models like the 118, 602, 100, F3 etc.It's listed as a passive air adapter. It can't direct connect to the spin draft air control on the old stoves and the F3CB has multiple locations where air enters the firebox. Does it just duct fresh air in the general vicinity of the intakes? Note that this part is not mobile home approved according to one seller.