Where is the Snap Disc on my Quadrafire DV44?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsea

Dec 29, 2010
NW Montana
Hello,

My wife and I just bought a place that came with a Quadrafire DV44 gas stove. We really like the look of it and it seems to heat well. However, as it is now, the blower is just fully manual. You turn it up or down and you get what you get, it never shuts off when the stove cools. The manual shows a 145 degree snap disk in the wiring diagram. Following the wiring on the unit (it's kinda hard to see under it - I do my best with a compact camera) there is no snap disc in the circuit. The wiring seems to have been mickey moused by the previous owner and I'm wondering if he either bypassed or neglected the snap disc and it's there somewhere but I just can't find it.

If anyone has a picture or a diagram, or just a description of where I might find it I'd love to see it. Barring that, I don't see any reason I can't order a replacement snap disc and attach it somewhere. If it comes to that, does anyone have a suggestion as to the best place to install it?

Thanks

There should be a place to mount it to the bottom of the unit, usually in the center just in front of the fan. Some of the old units had a little box type thing that is mounted it, with a slide plate. I think you could back the disc off the stove to make it take longer for the blower.

do you need a copy of the book for wiring?
pm me
model, and email address

essentially, the 145* disc can be mounted on any hot surface of the stove(if you are unable to locate it on the stove)
do you have legs or pedestal? if pedestal, remove access place on left side of ped(from the little i can gather from the manual...)

Status
Not open for further replies.