1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Where the deals at??

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by kenstogie, Mar 13, 2013.

1. kenstogie

kenstogie Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Albany (ish)
    First year heating with a Pellet stove and so far I have only burned 2 tons, I have succesfully installed, repaired and maintained my 25PDVC, might as well give it another go next year.

..and spring is coming (yeeehaaaa!) and was thinking that it being near the "off " season that parts, pellets, stoves etc may be had for a more attractive price. So my questions are.....

Where are the deals? (where to look)

When are the deals?

How much savings can be had?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    Soon... (ie, once it gets that first warm week and the nights are 40s) the deals start popping up.
  3. MommyOf4

MommyOf4 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southern MD
    It's still about $279 for Lig's and Statesmen around the Southern Maryland region. :(
  4. imacman

imacman Guest

In the late summer/early fall, Englander will run an "Early Bird Special". Includes all the gaskets needed for the stove to be taken apart and re-assembled ready for the next winter. I got mine last fall, and still have excess gaskets left for this year. Not a bad deal.
  5. john193

john193 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeast PA
    Start looking for pellet deals beginning mid to late April. That is usually when the retailers have an idea on price and will offer their discounted rates. Woodpellettreviews .com has a retailer locator tool.
  6. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

as said above, still a *bit* early......but within a month or two
  7. Mike D.

Mike D. New Member

Loc:
    Central, MA
    Begin checking your local Lowe's and Home Depot first week of April. They will at some point close to the first week of April put all Woodstoves, Pellet Stoves, and Pellets on sale usually starting at 30% off and as the time goes to 70% off. You have to time it right to get what YOU feel is the best deal and still not miss out. Also start watching Craigslist use some of those multi-site search apps (SearchTempest, Adhuntr, Zimkiv) and search surrounding areas for deals.

Good luck and happy deal hunting!
    briansol likes this.
  8. kenstogie

kenstogie Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Albany (ish)
    Damn, great info especially from Mike D. keep em coming!!!!