Where the deals at??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenstogie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 2, 2012
Albany (ish)
First year heating with a Pellet stove and so far I have only burned 2 tons, I have succesfully installed, repaired and maintained my 25PDVC, might as well give it another go next year.

..and spring is coming (yeeehaaaa!) and was thinking that it being near the "off " season that parts, pellets, stoves etc may be had for a more attractive price. So my questions are.....

Where are the deals? (where to look)

When are the deals?

How much savings can be had?

Soon... (ie, once it gets that first warm week and the nights are 40s) the deals start popping up.

It's still about $279 for Lig's and Statesmen around the Southern Maryland region. :(

In the late summer/early fall, Englander will run an "Early Bird Special". Includes all the gaskets needed for the stove to be taken apart and re-assembled ready for the next winter. I got mine last fall, and still have excess gaskets left for this year. Not a bad deal.

Start looking for pellet deals beginning mid to late April. That is usually when the retailers have an idea on price and will offer their discounted rates. Woodpellettreviews .com has a retailer locator tool.

as said above, still a *bit* early......but within a month or two

Begin checking your local Lowe's and Home Depot first week of April. They will at some point close to the first week of April put all Woodstoves, Pellet Stoves, and Pellets on sale usually starting at 30% off and as the time goes to 70% off. You have to time it right to get what YOU feel is the best deal and still not miss out. Also start watching Craigslist use some of those multi-site search apps (SearchTempest, Adhuntr, Zimkiv) and search surrounding areas for deals.

Good luck and happy deal hunting!

Reactions: briansol
Damn, great info especially from Mike D. keep em coming!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.