Where to buy a Fiskars maul?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spadafore

Sep 4, 2008
northwest ohio
I have heard good things about a fiskars maul. Just wondering where I can find one at. Are they sold at big box stores or is it something that is only available online? Thanks folks.

Try the Stihl 6.6 lb. maul. It's the best maul I've ever used.

Try Menard's. I believe they are in your area. I got mine at one in Findlay. You'll like it!

The Fiskars store finder reported NO stores within 50 miles (longest dist. they offer) of my zip code, so I'm stuck buying online. Unfortunately, Ace Hdwr, which will ship to a local store for free, doesn't carry the maul, only the lighter ax.

Peace,
- Sequoia

Bought my axes from third-party sellers on Amazon. Bought a 14" hatchet on eBay. Bought the larger splitting hatchet at my local Ranch & Home store. Rick

I usally have stuff shipped to my office, 'cuz there's no one home to received during the day. However, I'm just a bit reticient to have a super-sharp ax / maul shipped to my office, even tho' it will be securely in a box. I guess I'll just have to bit the bullet and have it shipped to my office, 'cuz I don't want it to grow legs if UPS drops in on my front stoop w/o signature.

Got mine from acecloseouts on eBay ($40 shipped), but it appears they are out of stock.

Got mine via amazon. Haven't really tested it out, but going against a Soatz 17 lbs it should be interesting test. From what I've heard it is a different style.

I was talking about the splitting axe. More exact, I picked up the super splitting axe, 28" handle, 4 lb head.
Should be fast and light compared to heavy and just drop.
Chad

myzamboni said:
Got mine from acecloseouts on eBay ($40 shipped), but it appears they are out of stock.

I emailed Acecloseouts to see if they would list some more and they listed several @31.99+8.95 shipping.When I ordered mine they shipped very fast.

Yup, Amazon worked for me.
Its weird compared to other mauls. More speed and less weight, but works.
Chad

I`ve been looking all over the internet and calling all my local stores to find the #4.25 Fiskars Super Splitter. I`ve completely struck out. It seems they supply has dried up. I have the #2.25 Pro Splitting Axe and the Chopping Axe. I too wonder where I can find the Fiskars Super Splitting Axe.

Mass. Wine Guy said:
Has anyone ever had their Super Splitter handle shatter? The single one star rating on Amazon complains about this. I've hit my splitter's handle on logs several times without incident. Guess I'm lucky.

I have not personally..but I let my brother borrow it and he would stick it in a piece of wood then proceed to beat it on threw with a sledge hammer. so the epoxy in mine is shattered and it is not the fault of the manufacturer, but of my mentally challenged brother (not truly a R-tard) . All handles will break and splinter if repeatedly hit with the wood you are trying to split IE over swing and miss with head but hit with the handle.

Thanks Tarmsolo

I prompltly ordered 2. 1 is for me and the other is a gift for a friend that helped me split 2 cords of "found white oak" and load my truck and trailer, while I am recovering from foot surgery.

MYZamboni... I ordered to soon and missed out on this deal. Funny thing is that both the Ebay and Amazon listing are the same seller, Denny and Kathy`s Ace Hardware....?????? Go figure.

Fossil, how do you like that hatchet and what do you use it for? I think it would be excellent for canoe camping.

Woodsman_WI said:
Fossil, how do you like that hatchet and what do you use it for? I think it would be excellent for canoe camping.

Which one? I have two. I have what Fiskars calls the 17" splitting axe, but I call a hatchet, or a splitting hatchet. Probably my second-most used of the Fiskars tools I own. I love it for light splitting & splitting kindling. For a one-handed tool, it'll flat git 'er done. Then I have the little 14" hatchet, which is a nice little tool, but pretty small & light. When I'm bucking or using my hydraulic splitter, I'll use the little hatchet to lop off little limbs & to split out the shreds between splits, stuff like that. Depends on what you plan to do when you're canoe camping, in terms of processing firewood. I'd tend to think you'd find the 17" more useful than the little 14". The little 14" hatchet weighs in at a bit over a pound...not just the head, the entire tool. The 17" is more than twice that, and its head has the splitting "wedge" profile that works so well. In either case, I'd think you'd want to fashion a nice sheath/case for the tool, because they come with a plastic head protector that's fine for hanging on the shop wall, but not so great for traveling. I'll attach a couple of pics...maybe that would help a bit. Rick

Attachments

• hatchet1.jpg
    hatchet1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 261
  • hatchet2.jpg
    hatchet2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 260
I just got my 28" splitting axe today. I got it though Amazon. Tried it on a few pieces today, so far so go. The real test is will be soon, a load of logs is supposed to be here today.

Status
Not open for further replies.