Where to buy a logsplitter online???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

What Logsplitter Brand would you buy for 10 cord a year residential use, on a budget

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yetty734

Dec 10, 2007
Central OH
Hello all,

i cant seem to find a dealer around here for logsplitters, so im looking to buy online.

any suggestions as to which site, looking for high quality splitters, preferable not a manufacturer site because their cost seems to be higher then at carrier sites.

brave, iron and oak, ramsplitter, etc. No huskee, no swisher because i dont like their ram guide design

so far ive found iron and oak at http://www.toolfetch.com/Category/Log_Splitters/20_Ton/BHVH2202FC-STD.htm

wat do you think of that price/site?

thanks
cody

Well it seems kind of expensive to me.

i have an American CLS AM-24HH with the honda 5.5 hp and the 13 GPM pump. i love it.get the pans.the 4 way is nice on the perfect size logs but i could have easily lived without it.i think they are reasonable on shipping.

IMHO brand doesn't really matter... I'd look for the best price you can find on a ~20 ton unit. Go for a Honda engine if you have the choice, but I wouldn't hesitate to get a B&S;or other brand... The amount a home user will make of a splitter it doesn't really matter all that much as you are in a "will rust out before it wears out" situation, and the parts that go into a splitter are all pretty generic....

I would insist on one that can do horizontal and vertical operation - beyond that I just want cheap...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.