Where to buy bagges coal along Rt.81?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gorpot

May 13, 2008
central NY
I am new to this site and have been reading and learning things from this site for the last month. I am either going to but a wood pellet stove, or coal stove to try and cut back on the high price of fuel oil for next year. I am leaning toward a coal stove, and will probably buy either the Harman magnum stoker or the alaska Channing III. My daughter and son-in-law live by Lancaster PA, and I make we make the trip from Central NY down to visit them every few months, and was wondering if there were any Coal mines, or companies not too far off fron Rt.81 in northern PA, where you can buy bagged coal. What is the minimum amount you can buy at one of these places? I can probably load a ton on my snowmobiler trailer, but not much more. How much does a ton of bagged coal go for at one of these places. The cost in central NY is about $260 a ton If I pick it up. This is a great site. Thanks for any responses.

http://nepacrossroads.com/

Another forum that is very helpful to people that burn coal- been looking for info over there myself.

Hope this helps.

Bob

If I didn't have all this wood growing in my yard I'd be burning coal too. I think that's a smart move.

Status
Not open for further replies.