Where to buy Biomass in North Carolina..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingpig

Jan 23, 2010
Cary, NC
I'm on my first year of full burning and pretty low on good wood for 2010. Rather than getting wood from supplier now, which may not be well seasoned anyway, I was thinking about filling in with those Biomass like Biobricks, EnviBlocks, etc. But so far I've found that they dealers are more up north and I can't find any dealer around here. Do you know any dealer not too far from Raleigh or any place I can order online?

Cheers......Som

Its a shot in the dark, but I remember last year when I was up at the woodpellets.com HQ up here in NH, they had mentioned that they had several distribution warehouses around the country. Might be worth a shot to see if they have one close enough to make the shipping charges at least reasonable. Just steer clear of the "Eco Brix". They're not compressed enough to burn efficiently. BioBricks seem to be the "gold standard" for solid fuel.

Liberty Bricks are manufactured in Petersburg, VA - I don't see a listing for an NC distributor but I wonder if you called if they would have one, since that's so close to the NC border. If you pick up a load from them they are very reasonable!

Thank you for the info. I called a local store that sell wood pellet but no luck. WoodPellets.com said I need to buy a whole truck load (20tons) for them to deliver. I'll give Liberty Bricks a call tomorrow but I don't have high hope for that. :(

Cheers......Som

flyingpig said:
<self delete>
Do a search on here, the liberty bricks proprieter posts on here sometimes, mostly on the woodshed. You could send him an email or pm. They had some "chippy" bricks people didn't care for that they are getting rid of cheaply, and their regular ones should be pretty much like everyone elses. They advertise on Craigslist in the Richmond, VA area too. I haven't tried them so I am not sure how good they are, but it's worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.