Where to buy online

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevelander

Sep 28, 2013
Can anyone recommend an online resource to buy a wood insert? Dealers in my area seem over priced, I would like to do some comparisons. I have an experienced installer lined up, now I just need to find a way to afford the insert! Thanks!

I just bought one from Northern Tool-here's the model info:http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200442426_200442426 and it came about a week later and seems to great so far.

This is my second insert added to my house since last year (big fan of them now) and after 5 burns I've been really happy with the insert as well as the price. The firebox is not as big as my Regency i300 that I got last year, but it is roughly 1/5 the price not including installation and is rated at 65,000 BTU's which may be plenty depending upon the size of the area that you need heated. Actually, the firebox is roughly the same size wide
as the Regency (18 or 20 inches which will take standard logs) but definitely not as deep-but but kicks out more than enough heat for my needs. The Regency is really a quality made piece but is pricey. Installation by an independant chimney sweep/installer here in CT was $500/each. The other cost will be for your chimney liner which I got online at Chimney depot and I think it was about $400 for a 25 foot liner, and all of the caps etc that you'll need for installation.

FYI, my experience when looking for people to install them is that understandably, they all want to sell you and mark up all of the liners/components by saying "we can't guarantee if we don't sell you the parts ourselves" and many will turn you down. It's sometimes tricky to find someone this time of year to do it (at least here) since the local hearth stores won't give you the names either because they subcontract the same install people and don't want you to get installed unless you buy from them as well. I'm sure if you call around enough you'll find someone in your area who is hungry and will do a great job or you can do it yourself.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.