Where to buy parts for Whitfield Profile 30?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSeahawks

Jan 27, 2015
Seattle
After paying a local stove company $500 to fix my stove and got it home and was doing the same thing (shutting down after 20-30 minutes), I returned it and asked for my money back and they put my old parts back on. I investigated and found the electronic eye barely visible. Got it cleaned but still opaque so I'd like to buy a kit. Tried www.woodheatstoves.com and they were awful. Paypal ordered them to refund me when they send the wrong part. I'm having my chimney cleaned and everything cleaned. Wondering if it could also need a new control panel. Can't see the serial number because it was removed! Can anybody help me? Thankyou. I'm a petite DIYer!

Latter stove models went back to the easy but true and tried snap disc mount near the exhaust fan instead of the eye for proof of fire. Far cheaper to replace and not have to worry about the variability issues the photo eye created. I went through the same eye issue on a eBay stove I got for camp. First I would try and check if I am right about your malady and take the yellow wires that run to the eye from the controller and jump together and if the stove continues to run after this jumper we will have found you stoves problem. Unplug before any electrical probing ,jumping etc. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.