Where to buy pellet fuel in Philadelphia region.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone suggest a retailer that sells pellet fuel by the ton in the Philly area? I'm getting a pellet stove this summer and want to buy my pellets early to avoid shortages / high prices. I've heard that some places will allow you to buy a ton and store them at their locatoin so that you can pick up bags as needed.

This place supposedly carries New England pellets:

Green Depot
Philadelphia, PA
6951 New State Road, Suite A, Philadelphia, PA 19135
Tel. (215) 333-3810
Fax. (215) 333-3878

Showroom Hours:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 2:00pm

Note: Located in the rear of the Marjam location.

Driving Directions:
From the North:
I-95 South to Cottman Ave. left at bottom of ramp. Marjam is approximately 1/4 mile on left.

From the South:
I-95 North to Cottman Ave. Turn right at light and go one block to Bleigh Ave. Turn right. Marjam is approximately 1/4 mile on l-eft.

Let me know how you make out.
Steve

Steve,

Thanks for trying, but these guys don't carry pellets. The woman who answered the phone said she didn't even know where to tell me to go. I'm starting to get nervous... I've already ordered my stove and it looks like I may have to travel quite a distance to buy pellets.

Any other suggestions?

I saw at the Home Depot in Ridley Park (Folsom) carried Freedom Fuel brand during the winter, I think it was about $4.74 a bag. Also, there is a supply store on West Chester Pike (the name of the place escapes me right now) I believe in Newtown Square that carries pellets but I never did verify that. It's either a lumber yard or a hardware store and I was told it's on Route 3 (West Chester Pike). Sorry I can't be of more help but I'm from the Lehigh Valley and travel to Upper Darby twice a week for work so I'm not overly familiar with the area. I did have the name of the place written down somewhere so if I find it, I'll post it. The other place I gave you is listed on the New England site as being a distributor...go figure!
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.