Where to buy Pellets in Seacoast NH?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gman03842

Jul 4, 2008
Seacoast NH
Just purchased a Avalon Astoria Pellet stove for Sept. delivery. Now in the search for quality pellets. I have a 1600 sq ft ranch, and figure about 3 tons should do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gman03842

Pick up your self or have them delivered? The only place I know that delivers is Home and Harth in Hamption Falls. But they are not taking any more deliverly orders until September. But you can still pick up pellets from them at $269.00 ton.

Hi gman...i'm in the seacoast too.
Kittery Ace Hardware called me a couple weeks ago and told me they secured their 2008/2009 supply.
250 per ton with free local delivery.
Ask for Matt
I've used Home and Hearth before too and they are always fairly competitive with the rest of the market.

I'd recommend doing everything in your power to get your supply on hand by mid-July.

I'm not sure what town you live in but Dodge's Agway in Hampton Falls, Exeter, and Plaistow all have the pellets for 270.00 per ton with a $25.00 delivery charge no matter how many tons you buy.

THanks,

I can do either pickup or deliver. Of course if they will deliver 3 tons for $25.00. Cheaper to get them delivered with the price of Diesel these days. I was in Dodges Agway last week and they did not have priceing yet. What brand are they carrying? Seems like most of the places I had tried last week did not know a price yet. Am also going to check out Scammans Agway this week. Does home and hearth sell to people that did not buy a stove from them?

Thanks,
Greg

The brand was cubex. I know someone who ordered from Scammans and they were a bit pricier and a different brand. I know the price of Dodges because I had actually ordered three tons and then cancelled my order because we are not getting our pellet stove after all. BUT when I placed my order which was originally two weeks ago that was the price that I paid. I know they said prices will be going up sometime in July. The Agway in Hampton Falls had them in stock two weeks ago but Exeter didn't. $25.00 for a delivery charge is very reasonable. Lowes was charging 70.00 and another pellet store was charging a per ton fee. Not sure about home and hearth.

Dodges Agway's Next shipment won't be for a couple of weeks, and pricing looks to be $320.00 a ton (Ouch) Has anyone used NAPCO pellets? I found them locally for $250.00 a ton delivered price

Sams club has Pennington pellets for $204.00 a ton, just have found a lot of negative opinions on them. Anyone know whether they have gotten better for this year?

Thanks,

Gman

Hoverfly said:
Pick up your self or have them delivered? The only place I know that delivers is Home and Harth in Hamption Falls. But they are not taking any more deliverly orders until September. But you can still pick up pellets from them at $269.00 ton.

Not any more!! Sold out completely, and will have more during the next week or so it says on there answer machine!!

I purchased some Penninton pellets a couple of weeks ago and I did read all the bad stuff that went on last year.
They look fine and have no saw dust and are not damp and are the correct length.
I have them stored in my dry basement with a dehumidifier I have not tried an experemental burn yet.
I have seen pellets in Walmart as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.