Where to buy purge valves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gorsuchmill

Hearth Supporter
Mar 14, 2008
Central MD
I'm getting ready to place a large order with Pex Supply for my Solo 40 install. The layout drawing provided by Tarm calls for several purge valves but I can't seem to locate them on the website or find much about them anywhere else. Do they have another name? Does anyone have a recommendation for where to buy them or a link to a manufacturer?

Thanks.

I assumed they were talking about boiler drain valves. I hope so because that's what I used ;^)

look under ' air eliminators '

The diagram Tarm gave me has 8 of these "purging valves" on it and they are on places where it makes sense that you would put a drain.

Just finishing installing my Solo 40 with storage and have used a whole bunch of Webstone Full Port Forged Brass Ball Valves w/ Hi-Flow Hose Drain and they worked perfectly for purge valves. If you can't find a local source such as your local plumbing supply house call BGM Supply, Utica, NY, 315-735-9261. I found them on the internet and they were very helpful and ended up supplying a good bit of my install materials that other's didn't seem to want to deal with. They will ship UPS. I used Webstone No.'s 5615 x 1 1/4", 5614 x 1" and 5613 x 3/4".

Status
Not open for further replies.