Where to buy Simpson Duravent?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orangecrushcj7

Feeling the Heat
Jun 30, 2008
Barre MA
I am wondering where the best (cheapest) place is to buy a Simpson Duravent 3" pellet vent kit. I am open to purchasing online, if the total with shipping costs is favorable. I have seen Aubuchon has it for $239. Lowes and Home Depot don't seem to carry them right now.

Justin

orangecrushcj7 said:
I am wondering where the best (cheapest) place is to buy a Simpson Duravent 3" pellet vent kit. I am open to purchasing online, if the total with shipping costs is favorable. I have seen Aubuchon has it for $239. Lowes and Home Depot don't seem to carry them right now.

Justin

Got my duravent at barbecues.com. I would price all the components seperately, against the total cost of the kit, it seems to me like the kits were a fair amount higher then their individual components.

Call me
330-876-0200
Eric

I have Simpson Dura Vent Pellet Vent Pro. That is their newest line of pipe and is much better than Corn or Pellet Vent, their old stuff. From what I know, the big box stores can not carry this line of pipe. Call me.
Eric
330-876-0200

I bought dura vent pro online, good stuff, welded seams.

I don't think you will find much difference in prices at stove shops. Simpson has MSRP prices so most places aren't going to sell below that to a random person off the street. Unless they are having some sort of a clearance sale. The big box stores typically have the old Simpson Pellet or Corn vent, and the dealers have the Pellet Pro which is a lot nicer.

I hadn't really looked into the pro before. But I am leaning towards the pro, after reading that it is twist locked together, which seems easier, and more durable for the disassembly and reassembly for cleaning. Pricewise it looks like it is 20% more, for the convenience.

I have Pellet Vent Pro and Pellet Vent. I am below suggested retail.

Call Me
330-876-0200
Eric

slls said:
I bought dura vent pro online, good stuff, welded seams.

If ya don't mind me askin', where online did ya order it? Sure can't seem to find it around here. I need some 4" for Revolution install

PLEASE BE AWARE. Northline Express has been playing games with their prices and I'll tell you why. I brought to Northline''s attention that all of their listed weights for pipes, elbos , etc. were way over the actual weight of the items. I griped because their so called free shipping was a factor when I was told my order would weigh in the neighborhood of 90 lbs. when the order arrived it in fact weighed 16 lbs. in total. That said, I called customer service and was given a partial discount and a promise that the weights would be corrected, and they were. BUT they went and made up all new Higher prices. One example being Item # 5SP-3PVP-12 a 12 inch section of pellet vent pro I paid $22.00 for that part and now they jacked up the price to $33.80 a difference of $11.80 on that one item. SHAME ON THEM !!!!!!!!!! I will not buy anything from them in the future until they address this. . The people I had dealings with in that company were so nice it''s hard to beleive that this is the way they would handle this. Every other site I visited while lookin for pellet vent had these same weights listed. Northline said they get the weights from the manufacturer. This is pretty much what I wrote in the review they asked me for. BY THE WAY I'm a newbie and glad I found you nice folks. Great source of knowledge you have here. Thank you all.

THE BEST PLACE I HAVE FOUND TO PURCHASE THE SIMPSON DURAVENT(PELLETPRO VENT PIPES) IS FROM A COMPANY CALLED FIREPLACEDEALS.COM.THIS COMPANY IS LOCATED IN TEXAS,THEY DO HAVE AN AWESOME WEBSITE.THERE WEBSITE ALSO ALLOWS YOU TO CALCULATE YOUR SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGES..GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT.......
...PEACE..BOINKERMAN...

boinkerman said:
THE BEST PLACE I HAVE FOUND TO PURCHASE THE SIMPSON DURAVENT(PELLETPRO VENT PIPES) IS FROM A COMPANY CALLED FIREPLACEDEALS.COM.THIS COMPANY IS LOCATED IN TEXAS,THEY DO HAVE AN AWESOME WEBSITE.THERE WEBSITE ALSO ALLOWS YOU TO CALCULATE YOUR SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGES..GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT.......
...PEACE..BOINKERMAN...
Wow, wish I saw that before I got ripped by Northline. If shipping is within reason (see above) Great deal for sure. No way to know shipping charges untill after the order process. I don't care for that. You have to give all your credit info to find out. They don't have any weights listed either.

Status
Not open for further replies.