1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Where to find corrugated plastic roofing material?

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by daveswoodhauler, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daveswoodhauler

daveswoodhauler Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Looking to see if anyone knows where to find the clear/plastic roofing material. Looking to build a small wood shed, and I am thinking I would need enough for 10X12 area. Been looking online and at home hardware stores, and can't seem to find anyone that carries retail?
    Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    HD or Lowes. Check yelow pages for metal roofing. Same company will also carry polycarbonate.
  3. Corey

Corey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Midwest
    You might not see it online as it can't be easily shipped and a lot of stores seem to display only the 'shippable' and big ticket items online. But I agree with ilikewood - Depot and Lowes both have this in their construction materials section - at least around here.
  4. billb3

billb3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE Mass
    Lowes near me has corrugated galvanized and some sort f corrugated plastic in the back corner past roofing shingles. HD has nothing. Local HD is kinda small compared to others.
    All the farms here are succumbing to housing pressures and so are all the farm supply store going out of business.
    Greenhouse supply would have clear or be able to order it.
    Price of fuel and economy is playing havoc with greenhouse 'farms' around here, too.
    Teksupply should have clear corrugated, but locally should be a more economical source , especially for the required fittings.
    I tried fiberglass corrugated on a porch roof years ago and the constant cleaning of mold got lame so it came down. 20 years of lame, so I can't complain. Just wouldn't do fiberglass again.
  5. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Spend the extra $$$$$ and get the polycarb. It doesn't turn color with age (stays clear) and is stronger.
  6. edthedawg

edthedawg Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeast, CT
    I got a bunch of it from the Home Depot in Enfield, Conn. this summer. Cheap, plentiful, lots of variety in colors, thicknesses, etc. Plus they have the pre-cut "undulating" blocks to support it evenly.
  7. Prada

Prada Member

Loc:
    Ohio
    Hubby just got done building a firewood rack/shed and we contemplated using the clear but was worried it might break etc. anyhow we found it at Menard's Home Stores.
  8. backpack09

backpack09 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rochester, Mass
    It was very cheap at Grossman's when I was there last month.
  9. daveswoodhauler

daveswoodhauler Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Thanks for all the replys...no Menards around here, but there is a Grossmans on my way to work...hmmmm...love that place....good stuff and cheap. (Well, ok stuff and cheap)
    Thanks for the info!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.