Where to get a blower for moravian insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michele05

Dec 3, 2008
ohio
Hello!
We have an old moravian fireplace insert that we LOVE and with the blower going it really heated our whole first floor. Now the blower is making an awful racket (poor thing, it was purchased in 1981!) so I guess we need a new one. Problem is, the place we got it from originally is out of business. Quaker Stove, where it came from is out of business, and no one around here locally seems to be able to help me out. Anyone know where I can get another blower for my Moravian 101? It's getting cold in Ohio!

If it's rattling, maybe the fan set screw just worked loose or it's imbalanced due to years of accumulated dust. Take it out, clean it up, tighten the set screws and lubricate the motor bearings. It may work well with a little attention.

If not, I'm guessing you'll need to take a picture and post it so that we can help ID a replacement. Or take it to a local electric motor shop and have them either fix or replace.

I did a few google searches and came with...nothing. But, electric motors and fans can certainly be repaired. Could just be imbalance, could be something having come loose, could be worn bearings. Repair or replace, it's gotta come out anyway. Rick

I was afraid we wouldn't be able to find a replacement, due to the age of it. Looks like we got some work to do this weekend if we want to get it warm in here! Thanks for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.