where to get a good deal on an insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the time is it needed technically. Unless you know for a fact your current masonry structure is 100% compliant with NFPA 211. Many people use uninsulated liners and never have a problem.

Burn-1 said:
The Homeclick deal on the Napoleon 1401 is also more although I think it comes with a door this time.

It looks like the door is still an option.

I ordered mine for $532 last Tues, it arrived on Friday! I am very pleased with Homeclick, they still have to send me my door though, hopefully it arrives soon.

Got it partially installed.
P1120014.jpg

P1120008.jpg

Nice Hubjeep. I'm glad someone was able to take advantage of that deal. It looks good on your hearth. Aside from the door, it looks like all you need now is something to meet your 18" requirement in front and you should be in good shape.

Burn-1 said:
Nice Hubjeep. I'm glad someone was able to take advantage of that deal. It looks good on your hearth. Aside from the door, it looks like all you need now is something to meet your 18" requirement in front and you should be in good shape.

Thanks!

I am very pleased with the construction of the stove, seems quite solid. The fan does not run when turned on, I hope there is some sort of temp switch so it runs once the stove is warm.

Yes, I plan to cut out 24" (or maybe 36") of carpet the width of the hearth and lay some 12" square tiles on the concrete floor.

Yay, I got the door, one problem tho... IT'S BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Box was in excellent shape, it looks like the glass was installed incorrectly from the factory off center putting it on the centering nub, then tightened down.

P1140008.jpg

P1140013.jpg

P1140014.jpg

P1140015.jpg

I chose to go the route of the specialty shop, I had a lot of quesitons that the local re seller (lumber yard) couldn't answer. I drove 1 1/2 hrs to get to these people but it was worth the trip.

K

I special-ordered my Englander Insert (Summers Heat 50-SNC13I) though Lowes in Oct 2005 and it was about $1000 with tax.

Regarding the opposite of help at the big box stores: I just bought another Englander 13-NC at Home De-Poo - an off the shelf open box display unit. It was missing the spring handles. I pointed this out to the nice store feller and he told me in a matter of factly tone that these stoves don't have them. I said "Really?!", and pointed to the nearby NC 30 box with a picture revealing the golden spring tipped handles.

Status
Not open for further replies.