Where to get a replacement hydraulic filter-Huskee 28 ton?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Gang,

I wanted to change the hydraulic filter on my Huskee 28 ton, and went to Tractor Supply. Silly me, they had none and nobody there had any idea of what I was asking for. Can anyone give me some advice as to where to get one? Thanks.

Fram 1653A
Napa 1553
Cross 1A9023
Baldwin BT839
Wicks 51553

Take the old one with you & compare sizes to be sure. ;)

I use the Wix 51553 with no problem.

Hmm, my local TSC sells them on the shelf near the rest of the splitter parts.
You can order them online from TSC also.

Hogwildz said:

I almost order one for my troy built thourgh lowes. 45.00 with shipping. Napa was 12.00 I thought thats was high to but not after the sticker shock at lowes.

smokinjay said:
Hogwildz said:

I almost order one for my troy built thourgh lowes. 45.00 with shipping. Napa was 12.00 I thought thats was high to but not after the sticker shock at lowes.

I always thought NAPA was higher prices, but that sure beats Lowes!

Gang, thanks for your help. I called the local Tractor Supply store and got somebody on the phone who found one filter in the back room. So, I'm good for another year, but would rather have bought two as to avoid having to go through this again.

Usually you can find them online at a fairly good price, especially if you buy a couple of them

Status
Not open for further replies.