1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Where to get accessories

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by sharpclaws, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharpclaws

sharpclaws New Member

I have looked at alot of fireplace shops and I never realized how expensive these things are. I wanted the post that
    held a poker, brush etc. I also found out on these threads that I should have an ash bucket. Anything else you could
    recommend and a good place to buy that is not so expensive?

thankyou

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. paulgp602

paulgp602 Member

3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    You are going to need the fireplace set, ash bucket and gloves. You can spend a few hundred or you can:

1. Go to Wal-Mart and get a decent fireplace set for fifty bucks.
    2. Go to the hardware store and get a five gallon galvanized can with lid for fifteen bucks.
    3. Go to a farm store and get a pair of gauntlet welding gloves for ten bucks or so.

Just don't sit the bucket on anything flammable while you are filling it or after you take it out. Which you shouldn't with a fifty dollar double bottom bucket either. They get just as hot.
  4. sharpclaws

sharpclaws New Member

Thanks those are some good websites. I've been looking online for a few days now have seen so many I think I need to take a break.
    I am going to check out walmart also, I didnt know they carried that kind of stuff. I also checked Target online but it looks like they only
    carry the stuff online. Do you think HomeDepot or Lowes would carry it in there stores, I was thinking of checking them sometime this
    week. Thanks for the info
  5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Lowe's and HD are starting to put the stuff out for the season right about now. It will replace the lawn mowers and barbeque grills on the floor over the next month.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.