Where to get accessories

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpclaws

Aug 14, 2006
I have looked at alot of fireplace shops and I never realized how expensive these things are. I wanted the post that
held a poker, brush etc. I also found out on these threads that I should have an ash bucket. Anything else you could
recommend and a good place to buy that is not so expensive?

thankyou

You are going to need the fireplace set, ash bucket and gloves. You can spend a few hundred or you can:

1. Go to Wal-Mart and get a decent fireplace set for fifty bucks.
2. Go to the hardware store and get a five gallon galvanized can with lid for fifteen bucks.
3. Go to a farm store and get a pair of gauntlet welding gloves for ten bucks or so.

Just don't sit the bucket on anything flammable while you are filling it or after you take it out. Which you shouldn't with a fifty dollar double bottom bucket either. They get just as hot.

Thanks those are some good websites. I've been looking online for a few days now have seen so many I think I need to take a break.
I am going to check out walmart also, I didnt know they carried that kind of stuff. I also checked Target online but it looks like they only
carry the stuff online. Do you think HomeDepot or Lowes would carry it in there stores, I was thinking of checking them sometime this
week. Thanks for the info

Lowe's and HD are starting to put the stuff out for the season right about now. It will replace the lawn mowers and barbeque grills on the floor over the next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.