Where to get oval brush?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lobsta1

Sep 6, 2007
Eastern Ma.
My stove vents into a Duraplus solid insulated oval liner with the bottom 5' flex oval. I think it has an ID of 4 3/4" X 7". Where can I get a brush for this liner?
Thanks
Al

You could buy a round 8 inch and shape it with a die grinder and a template made from cardboard.....probably take an hour.
Mike

CowboyAndy said:
The guy who cleaned our chimney this year used a round brush, said it worked fine.

Is your pipe factory built oval or on site "ovalized"? I would think that a round brush that could reach the 7" diameter would have a hard time in the 4 3/4" dimension.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

You could buy a round 8 inch and shape it with a die grinder and a template made from cardboard.....probably take an hour.
Mike

That is a possibility. However between an old boat & an old house, I've got enough projects going already. (not counting all the bucked wood I still have to split) I was hoping
someone could point me to an online source.
Al

You would think that if someone builds the pipe then someone builds the brush - but who knows. I have a 5' section of oval to clean on mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.