Where to install oak on an inside wall? Chimney hookup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

csb41502

Aug 26, 2013
south carolina
I finally got my chimney all cleaned and squared away. I have an englander pellet stove and don't know how to get fresh air kit hooked up to the stove. It's in the middle of the house. And also do I need the tee in the vent pipe or how do I connect to the chimney adaptor?

Do you have a basement or crawl space area under the stove? Maybe run the OAK thru the floor and then over to an outside wall?

yes.its a crawl space underneath.its a brick foundation with vents in it everywhere.do i still need to run to an outside wall or just go thru the floor and stop it there?

I'm still thinking you need to get it to an outside wall to draw the fresh air from outside. Could you run it to one of your many vents and then modify the vent to allow the OAK pipe to pass thru? I do not know if it would be up to code to just draw your OAK air from the crawl space without running thru the exterior wall.

sure i can do that.its not too far to an outside wall anyway.now for the piping inside,can i put the chimney adapter in the hole and just use the appliance adapter into the chimney adapter and straight into the pellet stove.no piping would work cause the hole in the chimney is only 19 inches off the floor.so i was going to build a platform off the floor cause i only gotta go about 5 inches off the floor for the output on the pellet stove to match up to the chimney hole.

I assume you are trying to connect your pellet stove to a chimney previously used by a wood stove? I am not sure if it can be installed that way. A pellet stove normally uses 3 or 4 inch pipe. You may have to add a 3 or 4 inch chimney liner up thru your chimney.

i only needed to use it this one season.i wasnt going to put the money out to line them.i know they have a clay liner of some sort in them already.after this winter when i redo the house,im removing the chimneys completely

Hello

If you use Selkirk DT pellet vent, then you can use their masonry conversion kit to pull fresh air from the chimney for the Outside fresh air. I use that setup with my stove in a center chimney and it works great. I luv it!

do u have a link to that kit?i cant find it online

PC (Private Conversation) with your email and I will send u info. Thanks

Do you have a basement or crawl space area under the stove? Maybe run the OAK thru the floor and then over to an outside wall?
If you do run the OAK under the floor to an outside wall you should use a larger diameter smooth walled pipe. Otherwise the air flow restriction will cause problems with poor draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.