1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

where to or a place to

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by stuart, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuart

stuart New Member

Loc:
    Bethany Ct
    install the fresh air pipe to my pellet stove ?? i tried to find my ash pot at the bottom of the fire place BUT the person who did a addtion buried it ,,so my outher spot will to be knock out one brick on the fire place? and go out to the side of the house or any idea's?????

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

If your fire place was built correctly you will need to remove a lot more than one brick However I see no problem with that approach
    There could be up to 10" of soild masonary and brick involved before you reach the outside. If you can rent a core drill and bit larger than the intake diameter that would be the best way to go
  3. bruce

bruce Member

Loc:
    long pond pa
    elk is right a masonry chimney is a mystery, if built right you will need a drill or core drill, there may even be steel in it also
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.